PDA

View Full Version : Should we have a separate forum for sad, whinging prop truckies ?

DummyRun
20th Jul 2003, 05:11
Anyone bored of listening to to sad losers ranting on about whose got more blades on their prop, It's a f**king Herc!!

Yes, I drive one but grew up a few years ago.

Enough pathetic hand-bagging guys it's doing us no favours on a public forum. Lets get back to some quality Ppruning....

Load moving..........

P.S. The J is better than the K ner ner ni ner ner!!!!

ZH875
20th Jul 2003, 05:58
Rumour has it that the majority of the Mk 5 fleet will not move to Brize.

To save money, they are being converted into Storage Sheds.

That should release 40 er I mean 30 or should it be 20, No lets make that 3 Engines into the spares pool. May even have enough bits left over to get one more Mk 4 flying.

If it Flies, its a K.
if it has a full coat of paint, its a K
If its overworked, its a K

If its noisy, dirty and smelly, Its a K

Why does the K sound like it is a diesel engined version of the nice petrol engined J.

DummyRun
20th Jul 2003, 06:29
See my point.....

And what exactly was your point Sir?.......

Load moving...........

ZH875
21st Jul 2003, 02:47
...er I think my point is that I agree.

The J is better than the K

(But at what.......)

Happy Landings

Chris Kebab
21st Jul 2003, 02:53
I've heard the J is going single seat...

lurkposition
22nd Jul 2003, 03:08
Er,

Would that be the toilet ?

96 to 106 etc etc.........

OzPax1
23rd Jul 2003, 03:47
Well that does leave one lever to push/pull on.....!! :E

Dantruck
25th Jul 2003, 04:45
I thought for a moment there we were talking about sad whinging pom truckies.

There I was about to start banging on about Kenworths, Scanias and road trains, and what do I find, some geezer from Whiltshire groaning about props, petrol and suchlike. And not a single sheep in sight.

Oh well, guess I'll be movin' on.

It's the Hume Highway for me.

Dantruck :{

BEagle
25th Jul 2003, 14:23
They're known as 'Lorry drivers' in the UK, or after that 'Convoy' thing, 'Truckers', 10-4.......?

'Truckies' are those who ply the air routes between Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Akrotiri and places beginning with 'Al'. Once upon a time they also went to civilised countries and lived in hotels, but that's very rare these days, I understand.

jungly
25th Jul 2003, 16:37
Hotels? Bah humbug....its not the military without an entrenching tool, a shell scrape and a cup-canteen-metal-folding (one for the use of)......and the queens finest ration packs.

Thats life in a blue suit chaps.....fat fryer, frying pan, fire? You choose?

If you dont like it....the doors in the corner.

BEagle
25th Jul 2003, 21:30
Gosh - wot a weally wuffy-tuffy person you must be. Don't tell me - you love the smell of napalm in the morning and a day out of uniform is a day wasted?

StopStart
25th Jul 2003, 21:50
Jungly - trenches don't have doors, that's why we stay in hotels ;)

jockspice
25th Jul 2003, 22:04
.... and besides it would take far too long to dig a trench to fit a pie-eating truckie backside into. :ok: :p

jungly
26th Jul 2003, 01:28
BEagle, no mate not at all! About as tough as goosedown.

Saw the light of the 5* and moved to the realms of FL370 in my A340. Boring as sin, I might add, but no more noise and light discipline, no more AR5's.........sadly no more NOE either!

My only point was (and it was VERY tongue in cheek)....if you dont like it, vote with your feet...... you chose the job, bleating like welsh sheep wont make it better.

Jockspice - sorry to hear about Billys death! Many here in HKG knew/remember him fondly. Rgds to the boys.

BEagle
26th Jul 2003, 01:40
Ah well. A340, hmm. But A330-200 for FSTA, very definitely!

Don't forget that 'the job' has changed out of all proportion since the days of the glossy brochure, so don't be surprised if there'll only be oxygen-thieves left to turn out the lights in a few years' time!

And I am also leaving - but nothing in this world would persuade me to use my ATPL locked into the front of a people-tube for hours on end and having to ring the bell for the cabin staff to let me out for a pee now and again! Have a good blend of fun and work lined up though....

16 blades
26th Jul 2003, 06:40
....The J is much better at eating Turbines and wasting hours on LRC...

Those Ext tanks are looking pretty good right now! Watch this space.........

A and C
27th Jul 2003, 00:30
I,v been in some of the more "interesting" jobs in aviation and most of them are not half as good as being at the front of what you call a "people tube".

Good luck on leaving but the grass may not be so green this side of the fence !

propulike
27th Jul 2003, 17:07
Grass?

I'll swap you some sand......

scroggs
28th Jul 2003, 08:10
So where're you going, BEags? And what's wrong with an A340 anyway??;) My 346 is quite comfortable, and the door is no barrier to quality time with the crew!

DR, sorry to go off-topic! When was this growing-up you mention? Must have been after '98....:p

BEagle
28th Jul 2003, 14:16
scroggs - yessirree, I couldn't believe how much bigger and heavier the A340-600 is compared to the earlier 340. It really is quite something; around 100 tonnes greater MTOW? The one I saw the other day at FRA was a South African Airways jet - presumably you have the fortune to fly for the national flag carrier (Virgin)?

A330-200 as FSTA will be an excellent tanker-transport aircraft for the RAF - it's just the job of longhaul AT whether in a green growbag or airline uniform that doesn't really appeal, although the Virgin 340-600 is rather gucci! In fact only 2 airline types ever really appealed - BA Concorde or Virgin 340-600. But not after the embug.gerances inflicted since 9/11.

As for me? I'm working on another Airbus military project (not A400M), so the ATPL/FI will only be used for teaching/examining in puddlejumpers.......

So it'll be interesting to keep half an ear on the 'whingeing prop truckies', as someone rudely called our Alberteers, to see how the J vs. K bun fight is going!

DummyRun
28th Jul 2003, 17:02
Scroggs,

Well 'moderated', when I said grow up, I, er, lied, b*gger.

Cheers

DR