PDA

View Full Version : Company operating Australian Air Express in provisional receivership

Thylacine
19th Jul 2003, 20:07
Reported on the ABC late news 9.30pm Saturday the company operating AAE announced that it was in 'provisional' receivership. "Services are to continue until a buyer can be found".

The AAE website shows that the company is "a joint venture" by Qantas and Australia Post. How in Heavens name can a company with an absolute monopoly on the airfreight market go belly up? All the national brand names offering airsatchels to full pallet loads have no alternative but to use their services.

Their fleet must be completely written down, the most expensive outlay the repainting of the 30 year old 727s in the AAE livery.

Has anyone any ideas how this has happened?

Dan Kelly
19th Jul 2003, 20:24
me thinks you have the bull somewhat by the horns.

TAAE is one of the carriers AAE (Australian Air Express) use to transport freight by air around Australia. NJS is another. Neither TAAE nor NJS is AAE, rather both are contracrtors to AAE. Neither operator has a monopoly on the Australian air freight industry.

AAE on the other hand is a joint venture between Qantas and Australia Post. Incidentally, AAE doesn't have a monopoly either.

Thylacine
19th Jul 2003, 21:06
If TAAE are the operator of the 727's on behalf of AAE then it is they according to the ABC who have announced that they have gone into provisional receivership.

Are they not the only major linehaul operator between capital cities except for a NJS's 146 trundling up and down the eastern seabord each night and the bitumen Boeings between Syd- Bne and Syd- Mel. If not a monopoly something akin to one.

If they have been operating this contract as long as AAE has been in existence, since 1992, it is hard to fathom how their contract price with AAE (Qantas and Aust Post) cannot allow them to operate profitably.

leftfrontside
19th Jul 2003, 22:52
Thylacine you truly are extinct, you've shattered my dreams I no longer believe. :{

Suggest you catch up try reading "TAAE bites the dust" :sad: