PDA

View Full Version : BA Heathrow ground staff

Paddy Don't Surf
19th Jul 2003, 18:15
I've just heard on the news that BA ground staff at T! & 4, at the least, have walked out on a second unofficial strike.

You bunch of losers.

What has irritated more than anything else, apart from the callous nature of doing this on the first day of the school holidays, is that they have reportedly abandoned the many unaccompanied children that pass throught this busy airport.

My own son used to use Heathrow himself as an unaccompanied 11 year old. If he had been using this today I'd be furious. Many of the servicemen and women serving in the Gulf will have children at boarding school who will be caught up in this outrageous illegal action.

You morons should be ashamed of yourselves, in fact, you should be made honourary frenchmen!

tVV@t$

:*

HZ123
19th Jul 2003, 23:02
Wasn't it nice for us tax payers to fund your childs education and provide so many flights per year. I am confidant that no unaccompanied minors would have been abandoned and anyway the system is and has been for some time that a parent or guardian remains until the flight has departed.

Is there a good time when these people can express their dissatisfaction, I think not.

ghost-rider
20th Jul 2003, 14:34
Wildcat strikes affecting the travelling masses are really intelligent in the current economic climate in this industry ! :rolleyes:

HZ123
Wasn't it nice for us tax payers to fund your childs education and provide so many flights per year.
So let's get this right ... you're a LHR Ramp Ops Trainer. Assuming you work for BA, you just stuffed the public big time, ( who in case you've never realised it pay YOUR wages, and will now probably screw your company in revenge ) now you're having a go at HM Forces ... :mad: :* :rolleyes:
I'd start sleeping with one eye open if I were you !

G fiend
20th Jul 2003, 21:47
stoopid thread...stoopid arguments...I dispair:rolleyes:

acmi48
23rd Jul 2003, 04:54
those who walked out were planning to achieve what? and was the walkout sanctioned by their delegation or was it an attempt by the unions to play god with a naive workforce at a time when the government is at an all time low.. must admit BA top brass was back in force plus 12 hours later apologising but in the meantime as a classic exercise in disaster recovery.. the ground staff acored an early goal but what will be the final result

nodelay
24th Jul 2003, 04:42
Management have got to be tough. There is only one answer, and that is to sack all staff that walked out and get them to personally compensate and apologize to each and every poor B*g**r who have had their holidays wrecked.

"Oh deary deary me. My manager wants me to clock in and clock out. What a breach of human rights. Best I go on strike." PATHETIC.

Sorry folks, this is 2003 and much of Britains hard workers have been doing just that for many years. SACK 'EM.

Monkey_Breath
25th Jul 2003, 06:36
nodelay I could not agree more.

Gone are the days of Scargill and union rule. Anyone who participates in a lightning strike should be made an example of and sacked.

Gareth Hunt, coffee, need I say more!

You splitter
25th Jul 2003, 18:32
Agree. Not the most sensible time to be carrying out action of this type. IF u must go on strike at least organise it offically so that the company can take steps to ensure pax are infomred, fed,watered and every one knows what is going on and when.

To clarify a point I may be wrong but I dont believe this is as clear cut as just logging on. More details appreciated but isn't this something to do with the computer working out more efficient working paterns and reducing staff numbers??

One final point. There have been a few people on other threads over thew last few years as pilots screaming blue murder for strike action to make sure they are afforded the respect and pay deserving to them as pilots. Suddenly someone on the ground strikes and its anti passenger, gonna loose us all our jobs blah blah. Double standards me thinks.

Personally unless there is a very very very good reason strike action is the last thing anyone should think of doing. :\

Stirling
1st Aug 2003, 17:00
Loosers, Morons and Frenchmen.....?!?

Appreciate that these comments are from certain people who have no idea as to the real reasons why BA terminal staff went on strike. Annualised hours, split shifts, more headcount reduction suggestions through the new ATR computer system proposal, loss of perks, reduced pay, and yes, clocking in and out. Oh, and couple that with a company (management) that is completely against dialogue of any kind with its staff, these examples just scratch the surface as to why these staff are so justifyably unhappy.

That said, totally disagree with the wildcat strike, although rumour has it that the unions had unofficially sanctioned this action. Not that this would have made things any better, but at least the travelling public and the company could have prepared a little better. The action was timed for maximum disruption and it recieved maximum publicity and had maximum effect.

Sincerely hope this reply does not provoke any further abusive anti-BA comments, but merely to point out that there were, and still are, some very serious underlying issues at the worlds (once) favourite.

Paddy - just to let you know, any special needs passengers, including unmins, were of prime concern to the teams that ended up covering the terminal staff.