PDA

View Full Version : MME - LHR link under threat???

pzu
18th Jul 2003, 22:59
Follow link to Middlesbrough Evening Gazette

http://icteesside.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0001head/content_objectid=13192050_method=full_siteid=50080_headline=-A%2Dfight%2Dfor%2Dour%2Dflights-name_page.html

I hope it works!!!

How serious is this threat? Recently I've been using LBA as well as MME for LHR onward connections, but if link is cut could well start using 'the tulip fields'

MerchantVenturer
19th Jul 2003, 01:22
pzu,

Could not get the link to work.

Could you briefly summarise the article, without breaching copyright of course.

I know little about the region but I had an interesting 'chat' with a MME supporter on another thread recently and I do hope that Teesside Airport does not lose any services.

pzu
19th Jul 2003, 14:47
Word from Evening Gazette is that 'Commons Transport Committee' is expressing concern that bmi's Heathrow slots are more valuable if utilized for other (long haul) purposes - whilst it seems to be a general concern - Teesside users in particular are concerned

MerchantVenturer
19th Jul 2003, 20:49
pzu,

Thanks.

My 'chat' referred to earlier certainly gave me the impression that MME has sometimes been left to fend for itself without always receiving due support from local and national government.

I must confess that I have always assumed that NCL had a larger catchment area than MME but I was told this was not so.

Good luck to MME. I hate to see services curtailed or withdrawn at any airport.