PDA

View Full Version : BA Interline

Billy The Squid
17th Jul 2003, 15:36
Hello all,

I was just wondering what the codes 'M' and 'I' class actually mean when booking Interline tickets.

I have a recent memo from BA which is very good at explaining all the rest ('J' class, 'C' class, 'Y' class etc), as well as the 6 options, but I can't seem to see the info i'm looking for.

If anyone does know I'd be extremely grateful.......

Thanks

Confused of Ops (aka BTS)::confused:

(edited for typos)

Dispatchguy
18th Jul 2003, 20:04
Booking classes may vary from one carrier to another, but for BA "M" stands for economy class and "I" for business class in both shorthaul and longhaul.

Generally self ticketed interline staff travel is for economy class unless person being of any CIP/VIP status to BA and they might grant business class with a better onload priority. Of course all this is very relative and depends on upgrade/downgrade/left behind situations on departure. Needless to say BA staff itself, then One World staff get on first and only then the rest.

Hope this helps. This is how it was some time ago when I was doing dispatching and moving those "are you on stand-by? ... then stand-by!" (in a positive meaning of course) back on forth...

//Dispatchguy

Billy The Squid
19th Jul 2003, 17:05
Thanks for info DG. I knew someone out there in PPRuNe land would know :ok: