PDA

View Full Version : JAA medical in whichever country?

Martin1234
17th Jul 2003, 08:17
Can you take the JAA Class 1 initial medical in another state than the one that will issue your CPL?

Crepello
17th Jul 2003, 10:10
Alas not. Unless the JARs have changed since I checked three months ago, your initial medical has to be in the state where you conduct your training & examinations. Renewals can be done in any JAA member state.

iak001
17th Jul 2003, 22:45
Actually, you are allowed to get your initial JAR Class 1 medical in any of the approved states. However, if you want the UKK CAA to issue you with a licence upon completion of training, then you need to make sure that you send ALL the details of your medical to the Medical division of the CAA along with a cheque (yeah you just knew there had to be money involved somewhere) for 22 pounds. You should also send the ecg REPORT or else they will charge you an additional 27 pounds for your ECG to be reinterpreted by a doctor in the UK.

iak001
18th Jul 2003, 14:43
Here is the relevant text in the new para 1.065 (b) in JAR-FCL 1, Amendment 3, adopted by JAA on the 1st July this year:
quote: (b) In circumstances agreed by both Authorities, an applicant who has commenced training under the responsibility of one Authority may be permitted to complete the requirements under the responsibility of the other Authority. The agreement shall allow for :
(1) theoretical knowledge training and examinations;
(2) medical examination and assessment;
(3) flight training and testing,
The Authorities shall agree the ‘State of licence issue’.

justanotherflyer
25th Jul 2003, 22:29
On a slight tangent:

I have an old style (brown) UK PPL, and also a JAA Class 1 medical issued by another country for a professional license.

Does my "foreign" Class 1 obviate the need to get a current UK medical to validate the PPL?