PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

HALF A PILOT
17th Jul 2003, 03:48
I am using a sony laptop with windows 2000 OS. I have photoshop 7 and everything has worked well for the last year or so. UNTIL 48 hours ago. Now when I click on the PS 7 icon the photoshop program starts, all the plugins are found, personal settings are found and all the other bits appear to be loading, this takes the usuall amount of time as normal, just when you expect the main page of photoshop to open -- NOTHING ! The program disappears and the computer immediatley returns to my desktop. I have not loaded any new programs recently, but I have loaded some PS plugins about 2 weeks ago, it worked OK after this. The only thing I have done is insert a PCMCI IBM microdrive adapter and 1 GIG card into the one PCMCI SLOT. The computer found new hardware and then installed the software for it. The microdrive worked OK . I have tried re installing PS 7 , . Any ideas please, thank you in advance. :(

Naples Air Center, Inc.
17th Jul 2003, 05:51
HALF A PILOT,

Did you try uninstalling PS7 and deleting any references to it in your Windows Registry before installing it again?

If you have an antivirus program running, try disabling it before you launch PS7, to see if it will launch.

There are more things to check but lets start with those two first.

Take Care,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.
Custom Computers of Naples, Inc.

BRL
18th Jul 2003, 03:16
Hi there. I would consider changing the title of the thread to something more specific like "Sony laptop-photoshop 7 problem". That might get a better response as sometimes people do not have time to look at all posts, only ones that catch their eye.
Good luck........

stickyb
18th Jul 2003, 14:43
If you are using Windows 2000, suggest you use event viewer and check the system and application event logs.
There is likely to be good info in there as to why the program shutdown

HALF A PILOT
20th Jul 2003, 15:58
I have located a reference to this on the Adobe Photoshop 7 web site. Someone else had a similar promblem with PS 7 on Windows XP. The fix is VERY simple. As PS 7 is loading the fonts , filters and other settings, just press CTRL + ALT + SHIFT at the same time and PS 7 "resets" (not my word) itself. The program then started normally. Thanks

Naples Air Center, Inc.
21st Jul 2003, 09:30
HALF A PILOT,

Do you have to hit the CTRL + ALT + SHIFT every time you load PS7 or was it a one time deal? If it is every time, there is something else going on that is causing it to hang.

Take Care,

Richard