PDA

View Full Version : bmi expansion - new Heathrow-Tenerife service

crazy idea
16th Jul 2003, 16:53
Have just heard that bmi have launched new services to Tenerfie from London Heathrow for this winter. They will operate 2 flights a week to TFN (Mon & Fri) and 5 weekly flights to TFS (Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat, Sun), both on the A321 aircraft.

They have said that this is building on the successful launch they made of Alicante and Venice both from London Heathrow this April. I have been hearing of 90% loads on Alicante so we'll have to see how well they do on this.

It's good to see though that bmi seem to be expanding their services again, and that they seem to follow some sort of strategy! Wonder if they will launch anything new next summer, or if they will just expand on what they have now.

Also interested to see what they will do with their 3rd A330 aircraft when it returns. Rumour has it that they have been talking to some Caribbean islands about potential Manchester services. The Nort-West could do with some juicy routes!

Dispatcher
18th Jul 2003, 23:20
Yes, certainly good news for some winter sun ID90 breaks !!

Going on from what has just been said about strategy, i think bmi are getting away from the business model we have seen evolve over the last decade - hope this works out over the next season coming !

With regard to the new A330 coming, have heard of a tie up with Ghana Airways of all people !! basically they would take a Fokker or two and use that as a feeder for the A330 operating into LHR and onwards to JFK from Accra as a Ghana flight number operated by BD as a codeshare, thereby getting bmi seats sold to JFK !!! Hows that for a mouthful !!

This is only rumour still, interested to hear if anyone else knows anything ???

Also hear that GMIDJ is back shortly ex Toulouse with a new skin from the hailstorm damage, would be nice to see an A321 in the new bmi colours - again any news from anyone ?

Bezi l
18th Jul 2003, 23:42
Dispatcher - TCI flights even better news if you know anyone at bmi, a special intorductoy rate of £99 rtn inc taxes for friends and family special deal!!

Winter sun.... can't wait to lap it up.

As for GMIDJ - should be back at EMA now, following it's airtest in TLS with it's new skin. However, it will be kept in the interim livery. i.e. the old one with the bmi decals.

And the Ghana A330 story- old news!!!

almost professional
19th Jul 2003, 01:42
MIDJ arrived back ex-toulouse on wednesday night

Dispatcher
19th Jul 2003, 05:42
Hey Bezi !!!

cheers for the info !!

seems a crazy idea to paint back into the interim livery ??? honestly, the only aircraft bmi ever painted into the new colours was ZH, and that went to baby !!!

so what is the deal with no painting up of the fleet ? gotta be budget i presume then - but so long ???? and any plans.........

you seem to know all..........!!!

(and as for the ghana deal - old news eh ?..... how about the DXB rumours oh wise one.........just fishing:D !!)