PDA

View Full Version : Sunstate info req. (Cairns)

rui joao
16th Jul 2003, 13:20
Can any one from Sunstate or anyone else who knows help me please?

Is there any truth to the rumour that Sunstate is "reluctant" to hire male flight attendants out of Cairns? Do they have any male flight attendants based out of Cairns? If not why not?

Thanks.

Qwannas
16th Jul 2003, 14:41
Personally, I havent heard any rumours before about Sunstate being reluctant to hire male Flight Attendants out of the CNS Base. The Inflight Services Manager (who is based out of BNE) is involved with all of the interviewing process. I know for a fact that she is very much pro the hiring good quality male candidates. (We currently have 7 in BNE - who are all just brilliant to fly with.) But, in saying that, we do not have any based out of CNS!

I would think that being male would actually be to your advantage more than a disadvantage. In your interview process try to subtly emphasise this whilst you are giving examples of your excellant customer service experience.

Good luck! :)

QF skywalker
17th Jul 2003, 17:21
rui joao,

where on earth did u hear these rumours from ? Do tell !

rui joao
19th Jul 2003, 05:57
Well Qwannas confirmed my question, currently there are no male fa's based in CNS so that is why I was asking. I find it very odd that there isn't even one. Maybe it's all just a big coincidence, but I have been told from many people that the only cabin crew who get through are female.

Parry Hotter
19th Jul 2003, 13:35
Rui,

In Australia, we have a nice mixture of cabin crew, both male and female. Qantaslink have many male flight attendants and do not discriminate. So do not worry, being male will not go against you what so ever.

I know that when you are not in the industry it's very easy to believe all the things you hear. Gee golly wiz, we all went through that stage, so don't worry.

Good luck matey, keep us all informed how you go.

rui joao
19th Jul 2003, 19:12
Oh Parry you have it all wrong.

I'm not looking for a job at Sunstate, I have my 25 plus years of flying and still going strong. Besides they wouldn't take me now anyway!! I was only asking as a few friends have been asking me to look into the situation so I thought I would bring it up here.

Thanks for the nice wishes though!!

Parry Hotter
19th Jul 2003, 20:09
;) Good luck to your friends ;) We are a great bunch at Qantaslink!

QF skywalker
19th Jul 2003, 20:34
rui,

I highly doubt that CNS would be a place where many of the local males would want to be flight attendants (except for those that have relocated to CNS for AO of course ).I can't see that sunstate would receive many applicants from males, maybe females but CNS doesn't have such a big population that would house many males who would apply in my opinion.