PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Search Function

cb9002
15th Jul 2003, 23:17
The board search function doesn't seem to be working: whenever I try, I get the error:

Sorry. The search function has been disabled by the administrator.

Any ideas?

cb9002

BOAC
15th Jul 2003, 23:49
Its not just you, cb - I see it too. Wait for one of the seniors to sort it out.

PS Multiple posts in different forums is NOT popular. Best delete the R&N one before Danny (he's a bit grumpy 'cos he's had to go to work in the dark! :p ) gets to shout at you.

amanoffewwords
16th Jul 2003, 04:47
Not an error - CPU saving me thinks...

cb9002
17th Jul 2003, 22:40
I didn't multiple post! Someone moved it without saying anything.

BOAC
18th Jul 2003, 06:07
Sorry cb - must have hit the forums just as it was being moved!

Anyway, it seems Danny was doing some 'routine maintenance' which required the shut-down of search for a few hours. Should be back now.

Cyclic Hotline
20th Jul 2003, 02:55
Or is it just me?

Just tried to look at new posts and advised the Search function is disabled.

fobotcso
20th Jul 2003, 03:34
CH, you'll get your wrists slapped for not paying attention. You really must look around before posting.

Read Danny's (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=96554) post here.

Cyclic Hotline
20th Jul 2003, 05:42
You had me worried there for a moment fobotcso, victim of my own stupidity (nothing new there).:}

But I was trying to use the "new posts since last visit" on the forum index, when it just advises me that the Search function is disabled.

Or is it just me again and I'm missing something again?

fobotcso
20th Jul 2003, 06:04
Hi CH, on 18th July Danny said:

I'll re-index again using 3 or more characters but you won't be able to use the search function (including finding posts by other users) for the next day or so.

Today is the 19th

Do we have a problem here? :confused:

Lost_luggage34
20th Jul 2003, 06:22
I think the re-indexing was only started earlier this evening - at least that's when the Search facility disappeared again.

So I reckon on Sunday evening at the earliest ?