PDA

View Full Version : Dnata Ground Dispatch

redcap
15th Jul 2003, 21:59
Does anyone know whats going on out in DXB??

I was offered the dispatch position back in May but now have been sent an "External Hold Letter" ie: the job is on hold!

I know of 3 other persons who were in the pool with me and that have been sent the same notification and others who had not even been offered the position but still got the email.

I heard rumours of staff juggling between EK and Dnata?

Redcap

bladums
16th Jul 2003, 01:35
Yeah i got one 2 !!!

What is going on in Dnata ???

They keep us hanging on for ages and then this !!!!

Not a nice way to treat people.

Come on Dnata sort this out, do you want us or not ??????

Who'stheDaddy
16th Jul 2003, 08:12
Me aswell,

I got the job offer early march.
According to friends of mine who got offered the position later there were around 20 or so selected did anyone else get this message?

WTD

Dispatchguy
16th Jul 2003, 16:42
Have heard the rumors, but so far HAVE NOT received any emails nor calls from Dnata. Checked my progress a month ago or so and was still around #18 on list.

Wonder who has signed those emails? As much as I know Sharon is away from DXB and back only at the end of July. It all sounds very weird...

Little warrior
24th Jul 2003, 05:24
Well, I was interviewed in Feb, got the job offer a few days later and now finally have a start date late in August! So keep in there it's worth it!

agnus
15th Aug 2003, 07:25
Hi,

Im working in the ME right now and want to move to Dubai. Where can I get in contact with Dnata or EK to find possitions on the ground or even in the airport. Who are the airport managers ?

Many thanks if you can help on this one. For you guys who are still waiting, hang on you will love it there. hope to follow soon.

a

Dispatchguy
15th Aug 2003, 18:09
Apply online via www.emiratesgroupcareers.com

Whereabout in the ME are you at the moment???

//Dispatchguy

Leezyjet
16th Aug 2003, 20:25
I'm seriously considering applying, but have held off due to re-structuring in my current job/department that was supposed to have a fairly descent pay rise attatched, but hasn't.

Could any of you DNATA guys/gals give me some idea of how much per month you get paid on the starting salary? (if you wouldn't mind - just a ballpark figure if it's too personal).

Also what's it like living out there ?. I'm pretty sure that I would adjust quite well, but if any of you would like to give me some kind of foresight into what the lifestyle is like it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Leezyjet

:ok:

Dispatch Rat
1st Sep 2003, 15:46
Does anyone have an update on the Dnata recruitment situation ? I first got the 'External Hold Letter' back in July then got told I had been succesful about 3 weeks later, and I can expect to be contacted from september onwards.

Still not really sure where I stand, I presume i'm in a pool or waiting list.

Is anybody else in the same situatiion or had similar experience to myself ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dispatchguy
1st Sep 2003, 17:53
Have you been advised where you will be working?

Those selected for Terminal 1 are starting these days, those selected for Terminal 2 still have to wait for a couple of months from September onwards.
I'm selected for T2 and waiting for start date/contract now. Seems it will be a wait for a couple of months.

Wonder if those starting on 01Sep could advise whats it like accomodationwise and in general???

//Dispatchguy