PDA

View Full Version : Code of Conduct

sharpshot
15th Jul 2003, 21:26
This may not be the correct forum for this, however:

I think some of the comments regarding tragedies that appear in these forums are utterley derisory and very insulting to the next of kin involved. If they were to actually read some of the comments at any time let alone within hours of receiving the worst possible news, you are potentially scarring the memories of their loved ones forever.

The internet has many good things going for it, however.........
I recall seeing postings here regarding the crash of N90AG at EGBB within 15 minutes of the event and the actual registration posted very soon after. What a way to find out your husband, father, child had just died.

The current thread on the Firefly speaks volumes. Thank heavens for NoD and a few others. But forget "Respect" - few of today's culture recognise the meaning of the word - its all SELF.

My father died recently and it was mentioned on a couple of the Forums. I'm glad I had received advance warning from the other side of the world.

Please think about the bereaved. There's no mileage naming names, registrations and definitely no god given right to speculate on causes of air accidents.

Earthmover
19th Jul 2003, 09:15
Never mind the internet, or the views of strangers - how about this:

I landed at Schiphol 20 minutes after EL AL crashed in AMS some years back. My (ex) father-in-law, having seen a flash report on the news about 'an air disaster in Amsterdam' (no airline mentioned at that stage) cheerfully phoned his daughter and my elderly mother with "I don't want to worry you, but...............etc, etc" Well, you can choose your friends- but relatives.................?

So, naturally, I agree with every word you say.