PDA

View Full Version : Emirates

englishflyboy
15th Jul 2003, 19:12
Hello all

Just wondering if anyone can offer some advice, just recently received an email from EK confirming id passed the I view etc.

Was just wondering what EK was really like, is it reccommended etc, What is it like for men etc, you know the usual stuff.

This is my first posting so please bear with me if I have done something wrong:cool:

SocialFlyer
15th Jul 2003, 20:58
Hi Englishflyboy,

To find out about working for Emirates I suggest you use the search engine on Prune and type in Emirates. You will end up with a huge lists of previous posts which will most likely answer every question you have.... I hope this helps you out.... My personal opinion is that Emirates is a great company to work for and Dubai an amazing city to live in, I'm sure you will be convinced once you read all the posts.....

GOODLUCK!!!!

SocialFlyer:ok:

747flyinggirl
16th Jul 2003, 04:47
Hi

I have an interview shortly with Emirates and would like any advice anyone can give me. Also anyone that has worked for them or knows what its like to work for them. Is it really that cheap to live in Dubai, whats the life like, is there restrictions due to the different culture. I wish to hear or the postive and negative things about living in Dubai.

Thanks look forward to reading any replys. :D

GO DIRECT
16th Jul 2003, 06:48
Hi folks,
I'm sorry that I am not CCrew (cockpit Emirates), but if you go down to the Middle east forum in the PPRuNE forums you will find ALL your answers there I am sure. From My point of view, it is a great place with lots to do, plenty of fun to be had and as westernised and cosmopolitan as you want to make it. Most CCrew seem to really enjoy the lifestyle, if you stay a little time you will go away with a great experience. If you intend to stay a long time then promotions seem to be coming quickly as there is lots of new equipment inbound. Best of luck in your decisions, it's definitely worth joining for a little if not a long time. It is what you make of it!

Rgds GD:cool:

aduum
16th Jul 2003, 14:34
Just wondering, for Cabin Crew with Emirates do you need perfect vision? Or can it be corrected?

englishflyboy
17th Jul 2003, 17:41
Thanks for all your replys

747girl

The interview was ok, very wierd in one sense as like most interviews they dont tell you what they are looking for. All I can say is to be yourself, smile, use your sense of humour and watch your body language as in dont relax to much as you are there to get a job, not to have a laugh.

The one-to-one after the group is ok to, it is an informal chat but obviously everything that you say and do is watched and recorded.

Good luck with it.

There is also a few postings on here that say more about the iview and processes.