PDA

View Full Version : SAX Employee Treatment

Sir Cumference
15th Jul 2003, 17:17
Recently SA Express sent a group of instructors and students for training in sunny Madrid. Interesting thing is that the instructors went cattle class and the students business class! How is THAT for the new South Africa!

I am sure that the whingeing will ensure that it never happens again!

BAKELA
15th Jul 2003, 18:12
Sir C,

Dunno what the :mad: :mad: of the instructors and the students was, but most probably a case of AA (nooooo!!! not American Airlines :} ) color coding reservation guidelines being applied. :suspect:

But then again, most probably the typically SAX way of doing things methinks. :mad: about face. :}

kahuna
16th Jul 2003, 10:05
Truth be told, the instructor put on a song and dance at check in and after not getting his way sent the student back to cattle class after boarding taking there seat!
Great way to get the students repect at the start of a training program!

Sir Cumference
16th Jul 2003, 17:20
I guess that it shows a lack of attention in the ops or planning office. The end result is a huge issue made out of something that should not have happened in the first place. Certainly does nothing for instructor student relationships at the start of a course!

Hopefully it went better from here on.

4HolerPoler
16th Jul 2003, 17:31
I have a feeling that this is going to be an interesting thread. Keep it clean please folk but let's have your views.

Personally, if I were the instructor and found myself in the back & the pupes in the front, I'd have had no hestitation in kicking the young man into the furthest regions of the back-end. But that was the way I was brought up and I'm not really a "people kind of person." How things have changed. Are we now expected to gain our juniors respect by accepting a postion which puts us on a lower social standing than them in the hope of currying favor with them?

Sort of like the dominant male in a pack of lions making a kill and then insisting that the cubs have first choice of the food. How delightfully proper we've become.

The system, IMHO, is failing us and because of it we have to put up with this kind of cr@p.

4HP

SOON2B
20th Jul 2003, 04:30
Seniority used to work at SAX, but the youngsters have a dissappointing attitude towards it, and hopefully will get a major reset when they progress into real airlines, if they ever do!!!