PDA

View Full Version : Career Progression Impulse to QF

Eastcoasting
15th Jul 2003, 15:47
Hi all,

Sorry to bring CP up again but can't seem to get an answer on this one.

Can anyone confirm whether or not there is CP from Impulse to Qantas and if so how many progress each year. If not, is there any discussions between the FAAA, QF and Impulse on this matter.

Also does anyone know (or heard a rumour) when Impulse may activate their hold list and commence ground schools, as I believe that quite a few people are still on hold from their last recruitment campaign.

And one more thing, can someone shed some light on wages, conditions and the general crew morale at Impulse, have heard it is quite good place to work.

Thanks in anticipation.:ok:

GalleyHag
15th Jul 2003, 16:10
I would also be interested to know how the Impulse CP will work. I had a lot to do with the Eastern and Sunstate agreement over the years and still take an interest and was wondering if Impulse are linked to permanent recruitment the same as Eastern and Sunnies and if so what is the minimum number of permanents that have to be recruited before your CP is activated?

I find it odd that Impulse were not included into the regional progression agreement which was recently updated on 13/6/03 therefore would be interested to know how your CP would differ from the one in place for the other 2 regionals within the QFLink group. Do you retain senority?

This maybe a long shot but do you know if you will retain your start date for staff travel as this is a thorn in the side of most progression crew from the regionals and because you dont come under the old agreement just wondering if you might know.

Mr Seatback 2
15th Jul 2003, 17:45
Hi kids

Yes Impulse do have CP as a result of the most recent EBA II. However, it is currently a reserved matter (that is, we have it - the details are pending)...mainly because our start date with QF is 21 November 2001 (the date we were purchased). Even if we had the CP document all signed off, none of us would be eligible to transfer across until 21 November 2003 - and even then, given the surpluses of crew in Short Haul, highly unlikely any of us would be able to join Short Haul's ranks in the near future.

No idea on numbers at this stage. Our Agreement is separate to Eastern and Sunnies because we were purchased after the original document was formed (which included Eastern, Sunnies and Southern). As we are a 'new' regional, we apparently need a new document. I would imagine it would retain much of the same - if not exactly the same - stipulations and conditions that the other agreements carry. Hardly fair if they didn't!

I think as for seniority, staff travel, etc. this is all part of the larger discussions between FAAA, QF and Impulse. I do know there is a push within the FAAA to get the staff travel dates recognised for crew that escalate through progression - as for how far we manage to get with this one, who knows!? Nice to know that there are people looking out for us!

Eastcoasting - PM me with your email address, I'd be happy to email a copy of the EBA to you. Generally, FA's earn a minimum of $35K per year, plus overnight allowances, live days (nominated overtime days), and overtime. Pursers earn $42K. Our pay goes up another 3% next week, as part of a 9% deal over 3 years (3% per year). Permanent part time has just been introduced, we have a fair annual leave system in place now - it's all coming together!

As for Ground Schools, I understand there is one scheduled to go through in September. From this, I wouldn't be surprised if they did another round of seminars to top up the waitlists. No idea where the positions are based, but I do believe there are a number who will be based up in QLD to make up for short crew numbers in the SEQ base.

The Impulse crew in all bases are a really great bunch of people to work with (bar a very small number of individuals - but you get them everywhere!). Generally good working conditions and pay, great flying and with the introduction of new crew managers, a bit more stability I would hope!

Once I get a better idea of the CP document (ie. once it's all signed off), will let you guys know!

Brisvegasboy
15th Jul 2003, 18:22
So Mr Seatback 2.....shortlisters may be called on in September, hey?? Have any other Impulse ppl heard this too? Would be great to think that shortlisters may be called on soon.

Just out of interest...(and hypothetically, of course!!) if u were a PERMANENT Pulse employee, and were offered one of the (rumoured) QF longhaul 3 yr contracts, what would you do?? I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on this one please!

;)

Parry Hotter
15th Jul 2003, 18:35
I would not hesitate for a second to stay with the company that has given me permanent employment. In this day and age, risking permanent flying is far to great- not worth it.

I know too many QF longhaul FA's that are out of work, that did not get their contracts renewed. And they were brilliant FA's, so it was not a matter of them being slack.

GalleyHag
15th Jul 2003, 20:45
Mr Seatback 2

Thanks for the info greatly appreciated.

Considering the regional progression document was recently amended and southern deleted and numbers increased etc I would have thought it quite a simple process to just add Impulse and your numbers onto this document, afterall your EBA was voted up well before the document was amended on 13/6/03. Its shame it didnt happen at least then you would have had it in black and white. But who knows why QF does the things it does.

I look forward to any info that comes your way on this issue in the future.

N.B. Parry Hotter - There are plenty of people out there who dont want to fly forever and a 3 year contract would suit them down to the ground.

I fly with people every day that have only flown for a couple of years that are not interested at all in a career as a Flight Attendant its just something they felt like doing at the time, they saw the ad thought it would be cool, applied and got in, no long term career planning for these people the same goes for people who currently have permanent positions with other airlines they may think well I dont want to do this forever I might as well go over to LH on a 3 year contract than do something else there will never be any shortage of people willing to take up these contracts (if they are ever available of course).

ditzyboy
16th Jul 2003, 22:18
I would take a perm position at the Pulse over a contract any day... We do have so much fun... (Those of us that actually do flying, hey Mister Seatback2... :rolleyes: )

I always make it a point to have fun... And let's face it... It is much easier to get away with it at the Pulse!

I am on G & T no. 7 now so excuse the irrelevant comments :\

Mr Seatback 2
17th Jul 2003, 15:58
My understanding - at this stage OF COURSE - is that a ground school is being planned for September...watch this space!

As for my contract vs. permanent flying thing - NEVER! 3 year interviews (ooops - contracts!) are fine for others - not for me, who wants to make flying a career!

Yes Ditzy, we all have a great amount of fun (some more than others, eh Ditzy! :E )

As for my info - believe me, it's kosher. I have my finger on the pulse, so to speak!