PDA

View Full Version : European 2000 Airlines

ECAM This
15th Jul 2003, 09:10
Anyone have any information on this new airline. ie: Bases, Routes, Aircraft, etc?

Thanks in advance...

no, no, no
15th Jul 2003, 20:32
I haven't heard anything about this airline. Do you know if will be a scheduled or charter carrier? Longhaul/shorthaul? Potential start date?

Do they have a website?

Treetopflyer
19th Jul 2003, 06:03
They were recruiting Metro pilots to be based out of Malta, a few weeks ago. Dunno anything more.

ECAM This
24th Sep 2003, 23:10
Here's the deal. I took the job here a few months ago along with two other gentlemen pilots. We have regretted every minute since.

Furthermore, the company required us to pay $12,000 each for the type-rating renewals (we had type-ratings previously) and is not repaying us for our expenses since we arrived here. Even though we produced the receipts for our expenses, they are saying that since they (the company) lost them, they can not reimburse us.

Also, I have only received 1/2 of my pay thus far.

Nevertheless, the company is recruiting more pilots. We have only flown 2 1/2 hours this month, but they are recruiting more...and requiring the $12,000 up-front.

This is my personal experience. If recruited, use your own judgement and ask a LOT of questions.

Cheers

unwiseowl
25th Sep 2003, 03:05
Report you? For leaving a company? Even if you default on your bond, believe me, the authorities will not be interested.

ECAM This
25th Sep 2003, 19:03
Agreed, they will not be interested. .

Treetopflyer
28th Sep 2003, 03:52
Hey, is your company still going? A friend of mine working in Malta told me that European 2000's planes have been seized, that the pilots were not being paid and that people kept on coming to the company's main office with bounced checks signed by the boss...:yuk:

Well, it sounds like yall are having a lot of fun down there...:} Seriously, don't you have a way to at least get your type rating money back?

ECAM This
1st Oct 2003, 17:53
It just keeps getting better. The CEO of European 2000 Airlines had three of his pilots arrested yesterday for working without the necessary work permits.

Coincidently, this occured 5 days after they were supposed to be paid their wages, and they contacted a Lawyer to act on their behalf.

Fortunately, the Lawyer was able to have then quickly released from custody, and he is now seeking criminal charges against the owner of European 2000 Airlines and the Chief Pilot of the company.

AvanGinkel
3rd Oct 2003, 18:36
Hey guys,

It is look like when I was there. I had to hurry up. Get my ass over in Mlata because I had to fly..... Well it was about three months paid holiday with the family...???
You couldn't say that it was borring.... Because every week Or actually every day something happend. It was like a slapstick. Somebody didn't get paid or you wanted a screw and they didn't give you one because the bill wasn't paid. Or swapping a seatwith one out of storage.... No... First pay the bill. It was something...
But I learned a lot.
Later....

Treetopflyer
5th Oct 2003, 00:43
Do you want more information on that attractive airline? Would you like to work in its winning team? Check out the thread on the "Rumors & News" forum! Its title? "Three expat pilots arrested in Malta"...:ooh: