PDA

View Full Version : Getting to T4 LHR

BWBriscoe
15th Jul 2003, 06:52
This month I'm travelling from T4 at LHR on the BA morning flight to Athens.

The night before, I am staying in the Le Meridien hotel. I am wondering about how to get to T4 in the morning.

Some people have told me to get the bus to T1 and then get the Heathrow Express to T4.

What do other people reckon?

How much time should I leave for getting from the hotel to T4?

Deano777
15th Jul 2003, 08:17
hi Briscoe

I cant remember if the Le Meridien Hotel is in the vicinity of Heathrow or not but if it is I would just get a taxi to T4, I have stayed at the Rennaisance Hotel a fair few times and have travelled to T4 by car and it has been a 5 minute drive, what you dont want to do though is sell yourself short, dont you just hate it when people are late for their flight and the excuses you hear are nothing short of astounding, like "but the carpark was full, I couldnt park" .
If you opt for the T1 route and get the Heathrow express then I would leave yourself ½hr as I think the buses frequent every 15 minutes or so?

Hope this helps

Dean.

p.s. someone may have a better suggestion ;)

Bright-Ling
15th Jul 2003, 22:38
I think that the Heathrow Hotel Hoppa is £3 and runs every 15 minutes but goes to T1,2,3.. you can then get a free transfer to term 4.

Call the hotel to check that - or get in a taxi for about £15.

Tyke returned
16th Jul 2003, 06:14
I agree with Bright_Ling. The bus or a cab is usually the best option from most of the hotels.

You must leave half an hour for the Heathrow Express as they only run every 15 mins. - I have also known them to be delayed and have come very close to missing connections as a result!