PDA

View Full Version : BMI and United

busz
15th Jul 2003, 03:38
Firstly, i cannot congratulate BMI enough on their outstanding flights across the Atlantic from Manchester. Absolutely fantastic.

Anyway, i paid 444pounds for a flight MAN-MCO back in January. I travelled on BMI and connected onto United at IAD. I was booked on UA921 IAD-MCO, but when i heard the plane was full, i volunteered to go on the later 977. In return, UA gave me $400 travel vouchers. With this i am now making a trip on the 23rd MCO-ORD-LGA-IAD-MCO, for free. I have only used $200 of my travel vouchers as the flights only cost $160.

Is it any wonder United are losing so much money? After taxes, they have only gotten $30 for each flight, which they paid for anyway.

THis is the killer though- i am actually earning miles on these flights too, not that i am complaning.

Anyone else flying on the 23rd to these airports.

Regards

ALex:ok:

gate4lounge
17th Jul 2003, 00:46
Nice one Alex:ok:

A question please....we are flying the same route in Sept. Did you clear immigration at IAD at Concourse C, rather than the main immigration facility? If so was clearance reasonably quick?

TIA

Alex too

busz
17th Jul 2003, 07:41
Yeah, we cleared immigration at concourse C. It was pretty easy actually, although make sure you have all the forms filled in correctly. Try and get off the plane quickly too, coz' a queue forms pretty quickly. Enjoy the experience on bmi, it really is stupendous:O

Alex