PDA

View Full Version : linking all airports

elker
15th Jul 2003, 01:13
Can anyone tell me why they don't link all airport around the uk? The aircraft from small to large could been jobs for everyone if like publc transport.

chiglet
15th Jul 2003, 03:26
elker,
Expand please
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

Scottie Dog
15th Jul 2003, 17:34
Chiglet

I did wonder initially if this was written with a broad 'Lancashire' accent, but after checking my latest version of 'Word' I am still confused.

Be interesting if we ever get a translation!

Scottie Dog

MerchantVenturer
15th Jul 2003, 20:08
It seems to me that the suggestion is for a National Express-type operation to be set up in the air around Britain using aircraft of varying sizes. It would then be possible to fly from any UK airport to any other, although I don't suppose elker envisages all 'journeys' being direct. Some would entail a change of aircraft at larger hub airports in the same way that one has to change coaches in the larger cities on some cross-country routes with National Express, or so I am told.

I think the last bit suggests that lots of jobs would be created if the pan-UK air service was set up with a route network similar to the rail and long distance coach networks.

That is my take anyway but I could be very wrong.

It sounds a very nice idea in theory but there would be so many difficulties, both practical and financial, that it can only ever be a nice idea in theory.