PDA

View Full Version : BA Jersey - Madrid via London Gatwick 19/7/03

Michael111
14th Jul 2003, 00:58
Hi All

I am flying with the family next Saturday 19/7 on the above route leaving Jersey on the BA8034 at 07:00 and connecting with the BA 2464 to Madrid @ 09:00. I have a couple of questions:

1: Can I through check our bags from Jersey to Madrid? I know this was possible but with the new security arrangements I am not sure.

2: As it is only 55 mins between schedualed arrival in Gatwick and departure to Madrid, what happens if the inbound is late and we miss the connection? As BA have issued the tickets for the whole trip, will they be responsible for re booking or re routing us?

Thanks in advance

Michael

The_Banking_Scot
14th Jul 2003, 03:17
Hi Michael111

(1) Yes you should be able to get your bags taged thorugh to MAD ( and be given LGW-MAD boarding passes).
It was olny the transfer of bags between LGW and LHR that was stopped after 11th September 2001.

(2) Sholud be enough time to connect. If the flight is delayed from Jersey-LGW then BA will be responsible for getting you to MAD ( next flight probably or rerouting).

Hope this helps

Regards

TBS

Michael111
15th Jul 2003, 05:13
TBS

Thanks for that.

Traveling with 2 kids & 2 parents as well as the wife it helps to know these things before you get to the Airport.

Regards

Michael

limpbiscuits
17th Jul 2003, 00:20
I am not too sure if BA will reroute you if your first flight is late... if the delay was caused by weather or ATC restrictions then I always thought the airline was not obliged to reroute?? ?? !! ??

It may be worth checking the Minimum Connecting Time with BA at LGW... just to ensure your transfer time is within BA's own rules... even if the flight was booked through BA direct.. you never can be too careful

Am I paranoid? mmm.... maybe when it comes to BA's Customer service levels....

regards

bealine
18th Jul 2003, 15:45
limpbiscuits you're dead right - check the Minimum Connection Times - it always used to be 60 mins with transfer baggage North Terminal arrival to North Terminal departure. To get round this, unscrupulous pax and travel agents have been known to issue separate tickets. (Rule of Thumb - If it's on one ticket, it's a connection and the airline is responsible for rerouting you if the connection fails. If it's 2 or more tickets, its NOT a connection and you'll be entitled to nothing.)

Knowing, as I do, that these early morning UK services are frequently brought to a remote stand and the pax "coached" to the Terminal building, your connection will probably be pretty tight. Make sure the Jersey BA staff check you in for your LGW-MAD sector and, when you arrive, follow the signs for "Flight Connections". Proceed through the security point and, on entering the Tax Free shopping area (Departure Lounge), check the screens for your onward gate number or ask at the Flight Information Desk.

Sorry about the levels of BA customer service! Our management have abolished it! They openly told us a few weeks ago that we're not to do more than "process passengers" - giving customer service slows us down and creates queues!

NOJACKETSREQUIRED2
21st Jul 2003, 01:28
Nice informative post Bealine.It's not we the the employees fault service levels are dropping,it's the incompetent still 'TOP HEAVY'
management who don't care.

They are too busy sipping Latte's in Waterworld,building empires
and renaming their jobs to keep them!!.

I'm Cabin Crew and love the job and still greatly enjoy looking after the passengers who pay my wages.

Just to let you know that BA is intent on reducing cabin crew numbers on all flights,thus and I'm very sad to say will reduce the service to you.3 crew on a A319 and they expect us to delivery a full service!! :mad: .

The more serious side is what we're actually on the aircraft is safety and with 3 crew one door is uncovered and on a 767 only 7 crew to cover 8 doors....wise move, I think not!!!.

This is why our Union has told BA if it IMPOSES these cutbacks we will ballot for industrial action.The last thing any crew or ground staff want and certainly no more misery for our valued customers.
Our dispute is not about money but the service and safety we provide for you.

Wishing you all a great a well earned summer holiday.

NJR.'Fly To Serve'...I would if I had the Crew!!!!.