PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation in Nice

sqk0612
13th Jul 2003, 23:15
Hi there,

I am about to start a six month contract in Nice flying evenings NCE-CDG-NCE which is great! The only downside is that I have to find my own accommodation.

I was wondering if anyone here has a room at a reasonable rate. If not, could you advise me of where to look for a rental (not too expensive!) around the Nice area.

I am 27yrs and would be prepared to travel away from the coast a little.

Merci!!

PPRuNeUser0215
14th Jul 2003, 19:33
Hi

Moving there on September the 1st which might come a little bit too late for you but just in case, I should be able to gather some info from then on.

No room in my flat I am afraid ;) but always keen for a beer.

sqk0612
15th Jul 2003, 03:18
Thanks for the reply, Amex. I'll be there before you! Can you say how you managed to get your flat?

Thanks

PPRuNeUser0215
17th Jul 2003, 06:36
A friend of a friend who was selling his... But there plenty of places to rent and if you have a car, I suggest you look outside NCE westbound past the airport.
I know it isn't quite NCE but during the busy times, you will love not getting stuck along "La promenade".

Many Estate agent speak English too (pigeon sometimes but better than notin';)) so I would recommend you to take a few days off and spend it there looking around.
unlike in the UK there is not really such a thing as credit check etc so once you have found a place, you can move in relatively quickly.

Happy hunting

PorcoRosso
17th Jul 2003, 17:13
I have a friend living in the area, I'll try to contact her to know if she's got infos about accomodation.

sqk0612
17th Jul 2003, 21:51
Thanks for the info, Amex. And look forward to hearing from you, Porco Rosso.

sqk0612
25th Jul 2003, 14:26
Anyone got any further suggestions?

Help!

PorcoRosso
27th Jul 2003, 01:27
Sorry , can't get in touch with my contact over there, probably is she on holydays.

I'll try to call her on monday, I'll be there.

sqk0612
27th Jul 2003, 01:44
Thanks anway, Porco. I've just arived in Nice, staying for the first few days in a hotel, and wish now that I had concentrated more on my schoolboy French lessons which I took at school! It doubles the problems with accommodation, when it's so difficult to communicate, I'm ashamed to say.

With my flying duties, it's difficult to know where to start looking, especially with no car. So any input will be most gratefully received! Look forward to hearing from you again.

PorcoRosso
27th Jul 2003, 02:24
A car would certainly help
The Idea is to find an affordable place to live in, and this certainly won't be in the City.
I was thinking of something a bit remote, maybe 20 or 30 minutes far from the A/F.
My friend is living in the Menton area. I have no idea what is the accomodation situation over there, but I will do my best to get those infos.

PPRuNeUser0215
31st Jul 2003, 00:25
Hi

Just spent 5 days there and flew back today but if you need help, get in touch... I ll be in NCE from Sunday eve (3rd) for a few more days.
I have a car and occasionally speak French (if in the mood :D :D :D).

Au revoir

sqk0612
1st Aug 2003, 03:25
Thanks for that , Amex, I've sent you a PM.

sqk0612