PDA

View Full Version : Concorde

Kempus
12th Jul 2003, 19:10
Hi folks!

Not really sure which forum i should be posting this in so i'll start with this one and move around until i get some replies!

Basically with Concorde going into retirement this October its always been a dream of mine to fly on her. So what i'm wanting to know is the cheapest way i can get a seat!

I've entered for the competition but have as much chance as everyone else. I work as cabin crew for another airline and wanted to know if we can get some kind of discount on the mortgage required for a ticket?

I've even heard that you can get "courier" tickets for a mere £200? is this true?

Any info appreciated!

Cheers,

Kempus :ok:

PAXboy
13th Jul 2003, 02:05
My understanding is that, following the announcement, the 1,000 cheap seats (one-way Concorde) took only a couple of hours to sell. Thereafter, people started paying full price for the remaining seats at some £4,000 + for a round-ticket.

I suspect that 'cheap' is no longer an option but sit to be corrected.

Thunderbug
13th Jul 2003, 02:56
Try your luck.....

BA Concorde Competition (http://www.britishairways.com/concorde/index.html)

Good Luck:ok:

Dr Jekyll
13th Jul 2003, 18:39
Americana vacations have some pretty good deals, look for their ad in the papers travel supplements.

mr.777
13th Jul 2003, 23:56
Cheap is not on the menu anymore unfortuantely.I paid £2300 to go out Concorde and back subsonic.This included 3nts accomodation in NYC.The same package with 1nt NYC is now £4295!!
Flew BA001 last Saturday.........incredible.....there really is nothing else to say.Worth every penny.

NOJACKETSREQUIRED2
20th Jul 2003, 07:02
Hope you manage to get on it and have the experience of your life.
If not ,as a reminder there are some photos for sale on ebay.com and they can also be seen on

www.worldairlinephotography.co.uk

Cheers now and gday for good.

NJR.