PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty With The Facts?

Don Esson
10th Jul 2003, 21:15
After the appearance in the print media of Qantas punctuality data over the last week, is it true that a senior, respected and long-serving Qantas executive reporting to one TJ is no longer employed at Qantas?

Is it also true punctuality has plummetted to new depths over the last year? This could be a somewhat sensitive matter, especially as TJ has made punctuality one of his big things with the import of former Ansett 'experts'. TJ reckoned everything could be turned around and fixed in next to no time with his so-called high powered team of hot shots. Why have the wheels fallen orf? Are his 'experts' just full of hot air and in reality bull**** manufacturers?

We live in very interesting times! :hmm:

Sperm Bank
11th Jul 2003, 09:47
Don I would imagine trying to change things in Qantas would be akin to asking the Taliban to change religious persuasion. It aint going to be all that easy.

The endemic archaic practices well entrenched in QF are going to reqiure alot of time and patience to change I think. Whilst there are plenty of workers keen to get the job done properly, there is also a very significant element that quite simply could not give a damn. When those individuals either change their thinking or are removed, things wil begin to improve.

capt cynical
11th Jul 2003, 10:40
Re, the exec refered to above,he was senior and long serving---
respected.. I dont think so. He was a great survivor though !!!

Don Esson
15th Jul 2003, 17:48
OK, it is true then? Judging by the way the spin doctors are hitting the airwaves and the print media, it seems that there is plenty to be embarrassed and concerned about. This is a worry for those who seek the truth.

Sperm Bank: as a 737 driver, what are you doing to break down the entrenched practices that you write about?

Capt Cynical: you may call the said gent a survivor. To last as long as he did in a corporate jungle must indicate significant competence to get things done. Where would you and other $mart ar$e pilots be if you/they didn't have to rely on seniority to get where they are? Seniority is the greatest impediment to progress that the union movement has given society. Get rid if that and many of the $acred cow$ will di$$apear. And have a nice day.
:E :E