PDA

View Full Version : Aaitc

Heeed
10th Jul 2003, 19:55
Hi chaps and chapettes,

I've just been accepted as an ALM with a starting date of the 8th October at the wonderful Halton moving onto Cranditz for the AAITC.

I appreciate it's not IOT to graduate as pilot (my eye's are too spasticated to fly front seat) but I'm chuffed with what I've been offered! I know what to expect at Halton, as a few friends have been through the barrel, but I was wondering about Cranwell.

Has anyone here done the AAITC course? Any hints and tips?

Your help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Heeed

:ok:

Always_broken_in_wilts
11th Jul 2003, 04:57
Master Caution:uhoh:

Are you sure it's ALM you have been selected for and not the wonderful WSOP branch. As a serving ALM I was under the impression that as of 1 April this year were all fell under the generic label of WSOP and the ensuing training "con" that is to follow. I hope I am wrong in this case, it would'nt be a first:p but if it's WSOP you are going into the standby to fu@@ed up the hoop so to speak:yuk:

However I did AAITC yonks ago and my advice would be get fit, both running and upper body, lots of heavy carrying to do:mad:.
Apart from that try and enjoy and most of all keep smiling cos the end result is well worth having. Best of luck:ok:

al spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

PTC REMF
11th Jul 2003, 05:18
The common training module will not come into effect until 1 Apr 05.
Until then all three NCA branches (four with Air sig) will be trained seperately.

My advice would be ;
1 get fit
2 work hard
3 play the game

because the end rewards are worth the effort.

Charlie Luncher
11th Jul 2003, 09:17
The worst thing to happen to AAircrew is the re introduction of going through the bluntie training regime.

Be prepared for crap coming your way from the Blunt DS staff as most of those lovely Corpses know that in a year to 18 months you will be earning a **** tin more money than they are, plus you will be living the life of an International Jetsetting Playboy:D

My advice head down at Halton and blend into the background as for AAITC Head up speak up and always try to run near the front. AAITC is looking for dudes who are good team players( look after your buddies), can work under pressure( induced by lots of PT :sad: ) and are bright(not sure if this applies to Loadies though:E )

Good Luck

Charlie sends

Heeed
15th Jul 2003, 16:21
Excellent. Sorry for the delayed response (been booze cruisin' :} )

Thanks for the advice, all taken on board!

Cheers,

Heeed