PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Air

A/T less
9th Jul 2003, 12:00
Hello,

Can anyone help me out with some information concerning getting a job at Dragon Air??

I looked on the website and it only lists "cadets" as a current requirement.

Any ideas on whether they might be hiring again after SARS is history (completely). if so, what kind of requirements are realistic on getting a job there.

Many thanks,

A/T less

what_goes_up
12th Jul 2003, 21:37
Hi A/T less

Yes, they started recruiting again. I've just been invited to 2nd interview with 4000 TT of which 1700 A320 and 1000 A330. I've just sent them a "blind" application. Nothing was mentioned on the net.

Good luck
W_G_U
:ok:

A/T less
14th Jul 2003, 03:58
Is it a requirement to have time on the airbus at Dragon?

Thanks

Fly747
15th Jul 2003, 19:09
No but it is necessary to know how to spell Dragonair!
i.e. Not Dragon Air.
Just looking on the company web site would have told you how to spell it.

Ty Webb
16th Jul 2003, 09:37
It appears some people have nothing more in their tragic little lives than to correct the insignificant errors of others! What a w&^ker!

smallwing
16th Jul 2003, 21:28
According to my last knowledge, it is Dragon Airlines LTD...I would have thought it is no big deal to say it however...

Don't be such a sad sod..

Dan Winterland
17th Jul 2003, 06:04
Getting it right could be the difference between getting the job or not. It was only advice, albeit not that friendly.

For the record, the company is called Hong Kong Dragon Airlines Ltd, otherwise know as Dragonair. Dragonair is what is painted on the side of the aircraft - as well as the Cantonese name.

Ty Webb
17th Jul 2003, 08:37
Dan, with all due respect, if thats the difference between getting and not getting a job then Dragonair/Dragon Air/Hong Kong DragonairDragon Air....... are wasting a lot of their "hard earned" on a H.R. Dept. which is obviously not required!

Don Quixote
17th Jul 2003, 10:20
"WOW"

Some of you guys really don't get it do you?

You really do have to know what the company is called and in fact you need to know a hell of a lot more about the company than the company name to get a job.

This applies to any company in any industry.

Of course this only applies if you really want the job.

Don Quixote

Traffic
17th Jul 2003, 10:27
Ty

Dan's advice is worth heeding.

If the company's name on the envelope is incorrect, it won't even get opened no matter how much experience is contained therein.

Ty Webb
17th Jul 2003, 11:42
Says alot about the industry, and the people within!!!!!

prim1
17th Jul 2003, 15:10
Firstly it doesnt matter how you spell the name of the company on the envelope.The Canto-office clerk opening it is unlikely to observe a mis-spelling in Cantonese nevermind English.

Secondly, this issue is an example of the typical mindset that exists there-pernickity for the sake of it and no real point anyway.
Perhaps an RAF administrative backdrop perhaps Aussie-analism.Imagine a combination!and they say Cx is worse.

A/T less
17th Jul 2003, 19:10
I thought the chinese clerk who opens the mail don't even know english...so I just drew a picture of a dragon with red ink to help her out.

thanks for the advice (Fly747)...you should get out more often.

A/T less

bateman
18th Jul 2003, 19:03
Getting back to the initial topic in question, posted by A/T less....,

Have there been any reliable reports of recruitment at Dragonair for those who do not have Airbus experience?

Kaptin M
18th Jul 2003, 21:29
This thread is interesting from the point of view of having a few guys asking Q's wrt employment, and almost the same number replying with (petty) advice that one would expect to hear from the employer himself if he was bored.

f/spninx
19th Jul 2003, 05:11
I had a fist interview with Dragon and i was told that you need a bus rating to go to HK. I now have the second interview and have found out that guys are being looked at to go to HK without Bus rating. Does anybody know whats the company line is.

Fly747
19th Jul 2003, 20:20
My advice was genuine. If you want a job then write an accurate, grammatically correct and concise CV. Learn to spell and find out about the company you are applying to.
It's not being anal or Australian, you are trying to project the best image you can on a piece of paper which may help to define the rest of your life.
Having said that the furry worm is still more laid back than the chicken wing.
If you make the mistake of thinking that the Chinese girls in the office are stupid then don't pass go, no £200 for you.
Dragon are hiring so it pays to get it right.

PS, Hey spninx, the fist interview sounds interesting, I didn't know they went that far. It takes all sorts.

Dan Winterland
19th Jul 2003, 21:38
Fly 747 - I'm completely in agreement. I can only speak from experience, but I made sure everything was correct and it worked for me. And when you consider the number of CVs which arrive through the post/e-mail compared with the number of jobs going, I consider the advice given as to getting everything correct to be good. And this advice should apply to every company you apply to, wether they be a night mail operator with one Seneca to a well organised international airline with very high standards such as Dragonair.

Spell the company's name wrong and draw Dragons on the envelope to help out those poor office girls with a poor command on English if you wish, but don't expect a prompt reply.

Your choice.

PS. Those 'poor Cantonese office clerks' who can't speak English don't exist. everyone in the company is fluent - it's the company's working language.

f/spninx
22nd Jul 2003, 03:46
Is Dragon offering jobs in HK to pilots without Airbus ratings?

Eff Oh
22nd Jul 2003, 17:46
I do know of a non typerated (non airbus) guy who went to HK with Dragonair. This was about 18months ago. Any one got up to date info on requirements, process etc?? Much appreciated.
Eff Oh.

A/T less
23rd Jul 2003, 10:03
I didn't know Dragon AIR uses this forum to collect resumes.

I would have spelled it correctly and maybe even get an interview via chat line.

Thanks for your input though, nevertheless

A/T less

prim1
23rd Jul 2003, 10:37
Never underestimate the observational abilities of Dragon Ear

BOGAN
18th Jan 2004, 03:45
Why doesn`t someone just answer the threads question and post an address to write to or the requirements to get an interview? Surely someone must know and your arses can`t be that tight.

BlueEagle
18th Jan 2004, 05:50
I think you will find that most of the information requested on this forum about either Cathay or Dragon has already been posted many times over, the fact that people continue to ask usually shows that they haven't bothered to do a search - far easier just to bang in yet another thread and hope some kind soul will give the answers and save the asker having to bother themselves with a search through several threads, (that may well reveal a mass of additional relevant information!). Sad but true.
A large amount of the initial contact information requested would be obtainable from either of the company's websites anyway, or from a short 'phone call to someone in HR.

There must come a time when even the kind souls that do take a lot of trouble to answer Wannabe questions say to themselves, "No, the answers are already out their, they just need searching for"

If someone wants the job badly enough it should not be too much to expect them to do a bit of research. The advice above from Fly747 and Dan Winterland is well worth heeding.

regards,

BlueEagle - Moderator.

BOGAN
19th Jan 2004, 02:07
Point taken

Thank You.

Australia2
25th Jan 2004, 22:39
Spinx,

Airbus exp. definately not required at this stage although prolonged interest/updates seem to be.

Regards,

OZ2

CAPT146
21st Mar 2004, 02:51
I have done a search and read for about 2 hrs. I now know heaps about Cathay but it is Dragonair info I am after. Could some Dragon Guys please try to emulate your Cathay Buddies and give us the full story. COS, Rental allow, Rosters, Can you commute to Oz if flying the 330 like Cathay Guys do????????any anything else you can think of.