PDA

View Full Version : How many do Britannia keep on?

AeroFoil
9th Jul 2003, 05:57
Hi all
I was wondering if there is anyone in here who may be able to make an educated guess as to how many of the initials will be asked back next year?

As you may have guessed i am one of those initials and im wondering if i have a chance of being asked back for next season! :sad:

Hope you can help :sad:
Cheers
Dave

Balboy
9th Jul 2003, 18:18
Hi Dave..

Of Course I don't know how many Brits will keep on, but can I just say that in all my 8 years with the company, I have never seen such late courses...well into the summer season.

Also, what with the 15 year contracts already starting to leave, promotion picking up, and the biggest longhaul winter program for a long time.

Lets hope the majority of you will be kept on this comming season. It will be nice for you all to experience the winter season and see how much nicier it is to fly than in a hectic summer season.

Fingers crossed....

TightSlot
10th Jul 2003, 19:39
Nobody knows! Really, nobody knows, even Britannia management. Anybody on the line tells you that they know should be treated with some suspicion. The winter establishment will be driven by the volume of flying, both inhouse and third party. Other factors that might affect it will include things like how busy LBA will be in the winter (and other non LGW & MAN bases), the possibility of further adjustments to the tailored crew compliment process, the possibility of double PMI (or three sector) rosters, the possibility of a restructuring of the onboard rank structure and last but not least, the results of the CRC requirement: This last is also partly why so many late courses are being run - the company is concerned that there will be at least some staff losses as a result of CRC.

As Balboy says, fingers crossed for you.

Chef
13th Jul 2003, 09:06
Hey all you Brits boys & girls, can any of you guys remember the flights By op to the south atlantic during 91.

Had some fun times then!!, still have the Daily Mirror article somewhere.

Happy Days:D

Pitot Heater
15th Jul 2003, 07:24
(In my humble opinion) the current level of seasonal staff would not be necessary if there was a greater level of productivity within all rosters. The 'powers' that determine how much work cabin crew undertake are never likely to agree to a increase to a two-sector day - unless more 'obstructions' can be implemented as a 'concession'. :mad:

Dave, contrary to popular belief you have the most control over your fate. Your best course of action is simply to show a greater level of enthusiasm than your counterparts! Most of the time it only has to be relative to the nature of job you are doing! The rest of it pertains to common sense; such as limiting 'sickness' to days when you truly are sick! Earning the odd ‘good report' from one of many sources will do your cause no harm either. It's also worth having a word with a few of the faces that were kept on permanently from previous summers and seeing what worked for them. :ok: Good Luck