PDA

View Full Version : C206 Job in Papua New Guinea

Bandalero
8th Jul 2003, 20:49
An RPT/CHTR operator in Papua New Guinea, north of Australia, is looking for a pilot to fly an OLD C206 in the Sepik province of PNG with the following character:

- Must love the odd beer.
- Must have a sense of adventure.
- Must have a sense of humor.
- Must love mosquito's.
- Must be able to cope with hot, humid climate's.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Must have a minimum of 450-500 hour's, no more no LESS!!!
-Must not mind living in isolation for extended period's.
- Must be single with no ties.

the flying is one of the most challenging in the world around 14000 foot mountain's operating out of 300M strip's with 16% slopes in the worst weather conditions imaginable. The pay is peanuts but very rewarding.

If you are a straight shooter of the above nature and are willing to do the hard yards with the reward of a ton of multi time in BN2 and C402 at the end of it ( 500 hrs in the 206) please forward your Resume to me at:

[email protected]

NB: NO!!! restrictions on natioanality or license's

Cheers:D

B Sousa
8th Jul 2003, 21:27
And ......No Money
Another great posting and one that will help out someone who needs a time builder......But why must some always dangle a carrot at the end. "Fly this 206 and maybe we will let you touch another airplane with more than one engine"....
No doubt the mailbox is already full......

Gunship
10th Jul 2003, 03:01
If I may ..

He must have b@lls the size of Avo's .
He must love mountains - all there is ..
He must love jungle .. where is not sea or mountains that is what remains ..
He must love bad, bad weather
He must be able to live for a long while on the sea in a dinghy ..

That is the side which was hit by a SUNAMI ? spelling and a whole town and surrounding with 4 500 locals gone ..

Still interested ?? :E

PS: Great country ;)

10th Jul 2003, 05:09
-Must not mind living in isolation for extended period's.

Must be a monk !:}

Gunship
10th Jul 2003, 05:13
Ohhh Ja ... STRONG .. very STRONG right hand .. uhmm or left .. :=

Rhumb Line
10th Jul 2003, 17:32
My CV will be forwarded tonight...............have wanted a chance in PNG for a long long time

cheers
RL

Got a lonely planet guide to PNG a while back. What are rascals? And is the road to Lae as bad as they say?

Gravox
15th Jul 2003, 13:01
Rhumb line, if you want to see what PNG is all about do a search on the Dunnunda page with the word PNG. There are heaps of pictures of strips that come straight out of movies, and some tips and pointers, also peoples recollection of flying their..... extremely challenging......

The road to Lae is dangerous, but so is living in your house. I was talking to a mate the other day who has flown up thier and he said he had been mugged at gun point 3 times

The way life is
:\

BAKELA
15th Jul 2003, 18:06
Must be a monk !
126,7...I suppose no need for velcro gloves either...just plenty of elbow grease...:E

Rhumb Line
15th Jul 2003, 23:04
Thanks Gravox, I appreciate the tip. Some of the pictures are amazing. Do you know any of the stories about the flight to the Volcano, that requires you to go through the side rather than down through the top due to the standing waves and rotor zones. true or myth?:cool: