PDA

View Full Version : autoCAD beginner

nosefirsteverytime
8th Jul 2003, 04:13
Have AutoCAD, and I'm just wondering. Are there any sites that have autocad files free for download on them, for training/having a gander/whatever. Airplanes'd be nice, but anything'd do.

And is there such thing as someone who doesn't use CAD witthout some professional connection?

noisy
10th Jul 2003, 23:13
I had to learn AutoCAD at college and it was deeply unpleasant. Why anyone would want to learn it without a reason is beyond me. If, however you are bent on learning it, go to any really good book shop and they'll have a selection of tutor books on the subject.

Good Luck!:ok:

Fujiflyer
4th Aug 2003, 19:38
nosefirsteverytime

If its any help I noticed, when I was looking for unrelated study tuition at the local college (evening classes) that AutoCAD courses are quite popular with them. Might be worth a look,

Rich

Side Slip
12th Aug 2003, 20:38
I learnt Autocad Years ago. I used it for about 6 years

A course at a college is a good idea, and also get a good book.
Once you get used to the commands and techniques you just need to practice and this greatly improves speed, just takes a little time. Autocad itself has some inbuilt examples of dwg's in it, though i'm not sure whether they are still in the latest version. If you haven't got these I may be able to dig them out for you (Not promising as may not have them myself now). I don't know of any sites, but haven't really been in volved for a while so I guess things could have moved on a bit.

Only people I know who use it are other pros and part times contractors.