PDA

View Full Version : It's Official - Emirates and Patrick Tie Up!

cyclops camel
8th Jul 2003, 02:47
EMIRATES SIGNS ON LIBERTY AIR SERVICES

DUBAI, UAE, 6 July 2003 - Emirates Airline, in joint co-operation with Airport Services Department in Brisbane, Australia has announced the appointment of Liberty Air Services as the airline’s dedicated ground handling agent at Brisbane International Airport, in preparation for its inaugural flight to the city on 26th October.

The agreement, a three-year contract for passenger check-in and aircraft handling services, is widely expected to reform, revamp and revitalise the face of ground handling services in Australia. Liberty is expected to provide Emirates’ passengers with exacting standards that is widely recognised as the airline’s hallmark.

The airline is the launch customer for the newly established ground handler, another instance of Emirates’ constant search for partners eager to provide the best. It also underlines the airline’s continued drive for excellence and innovation, and its support for upcoming local businesses in destinations across its network.

Emirates is fast laying the groundwork for its planned new services to Brisbane that will fly onwards to Auckland. Operating a Boeing 777-300 in a three-class configuration - 18 First, 42 Business and 320 Economy Class seats - with the capacity to carry 23 tonnes of cargo either way, the new service is expected to further boost tourism and trade ties between the Middle East and the Trans-Tasmanian route.

Bill McPherson, Regional Manager Airport Services, Emirates Airline said: “Brisbane is set to be an exciting new destination on the Emirates network, giving us enormous new opportunities to serve our Australian network better. It is therefore doubly important for us to provide our passengers with the best possible service standards and we feel that Liberty Air Services will fit our requirements very well. We look forward to a long and mutually rewarding partnership.”

Emirates is already very active on the ANZAC route, currently serving three destinations within Australia with dailies to Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. The airline is also starting double dailies to Auckland via Melbourne and Sydney on 1st August, which will increase to triple dailies with the launch of the Brisbane service. It will also commence non-stop flights to Sydney on 26th October, on receiving the first of its A340-500 aircraft.

Liberty Air Services has been established as a joint venture by Patrick Corporation, a multinational in transport and logistics and Virgin Blue, one of Australia’s successful domestic carriers.

Anthony Lutterschmidt, General Manager, Liberty Air Services said: “We are delighted with this opportunity to be associated with the world's premier airline. Emirates recently announced the world's largest aircraft order and has shown great commitment to the Australian market. The contract is a timely one and will add support to Liberty offering 'full-service' Ground Handling to its international airline customers. The synergies identified during the tender process with Emirates provide for numerous opportunities as both organisations continue their development in this region.”
Ends -

TIMMEEEE
8th Jul 2003, 06:43
All sounds fine and beaut but "To provide Emirates passengers with the exacting standards which is their hallmark "?
Who do they think they're kidding!

Have flown Emirates to London and back,also to Beirut from Dubai and at LHR/Beirut/Singapore the exacting standards just dont exist pal.
Mass confusion,delays,check-in and would you even believe language difficulties came into play.
It was a cluster ***** from woe to go.
Only at Dubai and Sydney did we not get stuffed around - and that was with a Business Class ticket to boot.

Reackon this mob has their work cut out for them but I hope they can improve on their overseas and middle-eastern counterparts.

cnsnz
8th Jul 2003, 07:43
3 ports out of 67 I suppose that qualifies your opinion of there services worldwide?
By the amount of awards they have won compared to other carriers in this region they must do something right.
All I can say is all the best maybe some of the others might have to lift there acts to be competitive.

Buster Hyman
8th Jul 2003, 08:27
Well, I bet Anthony is breathing a sigh of relief! Not too much been happening at the Patricks end of town recently!:eek:

MIss Behaviour
8th Jul 2003, 08:41
Timmeeee

Quite a colouful description of EK! I wonder if it was EK proper or a handling agent in the ports where you did not receive the service to which you had become accustomed.

If it was a handling agent it would make sense that EK are paying more attention to detail when they appoint a ground handling agent such as Liberty.

The self loading freight will never see the difference so if they are mishandled by XYZ Ground Handling services it will always be "bl00dy Emirates" when whinging to their pals about a bad holiday. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whilst I have not yet had the opportunity to fly Emirates myself, I have heard nothing but rave reviews from those who have.

Reverend Doctor Doug
8th Jul 2003, 14:11
Timmeeee

Sorry, I misssed the name of the airline of "exacting standards" that you represent.

The Rev

Chocks Away
8th Jul 2003, 17:17
Any news on whether Patricks - Sydney got awarded it (ground handling/freight) also? Flatmate is anxious to hear.

BigWaz
18th Jul 2003, 10:27
Why is it that Noone at Patricks can tell me anything about Liberty Air Services???? Who exactly recieved the Emirates contract in Brisbane and how can tehy be contacted? Patrick wont say they got it when I speak to them, and Patrick Air Services in Brisbane wont reply to letters or phonecalls. When will recruitment start for these positions? Any heads up would be greatly appreciated.

Chocks Away
18th Jul 2003, 11:45
Patricks - Syd didn't get it.
Aust Air Express was awarded it for 2 years.

Don't know about BrisVegas though... probably still partying from that DRUMMING they handed NSW in the last State of Origin.:}