PDA

View Full Version : BBC Series "Reach for the Sky"

The Hedge
7th Jul 2003, 21:36
Would anyone be able to assist in locating a copy of this series. I saw it approx. 10 years ago and was fantastic. There was also an accompanying book.

It was sold as a VHS video(s).

I would love to get a copy.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

RodgerF
7th Jul 2003, 21:42
Hi Hedge

Its "Reaching for the Skies". All 6 volumes appear to be on www.amazon.co.uk, some with 'limited availability'

RF

The Hedge
7th Jul 2003, 22:07
Thanks Rodger, but I don't think thats the one. It was definitely made by the BBC.

I looked up on Amazon. "Reaching for the Skies" is a US. Production.

Thanks for you help

RodgerF
7th Jul 2003, 22:09
No its the right one. It was a BBC WBGH Boston? co production

CBLong
7th Jul 2003, 22:52
This thread (http://pub26.ezboard.com/fukairshowsfrm19.showMessage?topicID=390.topic) from "another place" also refers...

I'd love to own and/or see this series again too - I remember it from 10 years (at least) long before I ever thought I'd be a pilot myself. I particularly remember footage of the famous 707 barrell roll, and of a specially modified Pitts (or similar) landing inverted... superb!

cbl.

EyesToTheSkies
8th Jul 2003, 05:13
I've got a copy of the book; looks like there is still one available at:

http://www.clarebooks.co.uk/item1630.htm

I've also got a copy of the whole series somewhere on VHS (either in all my "treasures" or still at my folks.....)

I can't really say I'll send you a copy, as finding it may be a mammoth task in itself! I'll post if I succeed.

Kestrel_909
8th Jul 2003, 06:09
Opp if you had of asked a few months back I could have sent you a copy on VHS. I had it recorded from years ago, only one episode though with the female United 747 pilot talking about Richard Bok, can't think what else was on it.

Basically, after 9years of sitting on tape I figured I could record over it. 9 years yes! You ought to see my video collection:O

seafuryfan
8th Jul 2003, 06:45
Another saddo here with all those 80's videos in his loft - I've got most if not all of them on VHS (taped off the TV), again about 10 years old!

Dunno if VHS tapes do ok sitting in a box Hedge, but I'd be happy to post them to you or anyone else to watch - or to copy if you can stand the reduced quality.

Roll on DVD!!

The Hedge
8th Jul 2003, 18:28
thanks for the help.

I have received a kind offer from someone who has the series.

Cheers