PDA

View Full Version : Australian Airlines travel benefits?

MIAMIA
6th Jul 2003, 19:26
Hey you guys. Just as a matter of interest, do Australian Airlines staff get the same benefits as other Qantas groups? Is there the same qualifying period before benefits are in effect? Just as a matter of interest ! Hope all is going well up there!!

mid assist
6th Jul 2003, 19:56
Australian Airlines, gives its staff 2 I.D/90 tickets on the Qantas network and its own. You need to work for 6 months before you recieve benefits (same as Qantas staff). We started off with no staff travel back in september. So it's better than nothing.

Hope that answers your question

cabin secure
6th Jul 2003, 19:59
Unfortunately NO!!:{

More's the pity when we live so far away from our families and friends.
However we were made aware, in the interviewing process, there were to be no travel benefits.
So it was a delightful surprise to discover we receive 2 tickets annually at ID 90, that can be used on the QANTAS network to any of their destinations.:D

MIAMIA
7th Jul 2003, 06:55
Thanks for that. It is interesting to know what sort of privileges everyone receives for all their hard work. Thanks for answering. Cheers.

qfmike737
7th Jul 2003, 21:07
Where do the Australian Airlines crew go in Bali? Whats everyone up to in Bali??? :cool:

cabin secure
8th Jul 2003, 14:53
Generally straight to bed, with a 12 hour layover, and having just fed and watered 271 pax.
Those end at the end of this month anyway. We will stop in Bali to offload pax and continue through to Singapore and overnight there.
Same route on the way home.
Cheers!

qfmike737
9th Jul 2003, 11:23
Whoa! Looks like you wont be keeping a fresh tan from Bali! Is that 12 hours of rest from when you get to the hotel?

Lozza2002
9th Jul 2003, 11:35
qfmike737

I think you will find its from sign off to sign on

Regards
Lozza :ok:

cloud nine
9th Jul 2003, 16:03
Which hotel in Bali do you guys stay in?

What is the general feel of Bali these days? I have heard that it is still very quiet, with only 30% occupancy in most hotels.

How have the loads on your flights been?

Am thinking about going over again soon.

cabin secure
9th Jul 2003, 20:55
Hi Cloud nine

Not a good idea to post hotel details on forum.

Off on a trip tomorrow so will send you a private email re Bali on my return.

Loads are chockers. People seem happy to have tourists back and pax happy to be travelling there. Lots of good deals to be had with flight accom packages.
Girlfriend just had holiday there, felt safe and had a ball.

Cheers.

P.S. How are you enjoying the flying?

mid assist
10th Jul 2003, 21:09
Cloud nine

Loads are very full to Bali from Mel. Sydney direct flights start at the end of the month and they are also very full. I guess time will tell if AO can turn this non profitable route into a money making sector for the Qantas group. My tip is a second Sabah flight by the end of this year.

flitegirl
13th Jul 2003, 20:04
Yes that's right. The talk in the tropics is a second flight per week to Sabah and also the company is very keen for a second Mel/Dps ASAP.

QFmike we've got plenty of time to get that sun-tan here at home in Cairns. Plus, the Mel/Dps slip will change to about 24 hours at the end of July, with the ex sydney flights continuing on to Singapore :ok:

missleadfoot
15th Jul 2003, 15:54
I was going to say, I thought I saw 24hr layovers in Bali on the rosters, not only 12hrs.

flitegirl
15th Jul 2003, 19:18
Yeah, when the full shcedule starts at the end of the month. I think you PAX in from Syd in prep to crew out the next evening and vice versa.:cool: