PDA

View Full Version : EAAC and the 21 day SYD trips...

YYC F/A
6th Jul 2003, 06:16
Hey all you guys at EAAC!

How are things working out for you guys - I heard that things have settled down into more of an organised groove of late...

What do you think about the winter flights to CMB and SYD - rumoured to be a 21 day trip for the crew (6 in CMB out, 6 in SYD, and 6 in CMB back....)

What else is new and happening?

Fly Safe!

monarchgirl
6th Jul 2003, 18:30
Wow that sounds fab! But have read the treads regarding this airline, they sound bad! But things do change. What are the allowances like and has the basic pay improved recently?

yoohoo sista!
7th Jul 2003, 22:23
How many of you poor cabin crew are deluding yourselves with the promise of long haul trips to exotic places...you've got to be kidding...it's not even cost effective, and so obviously so even to the less mathematically inclined crew among us...
only belive things when they are in black and white in the form of a memo in your drop files!!!

YYC F/A
8th Jul 2003, 02:12
How many of you poor cabin crew are deluding yourselves with the promise of long haul trips to exotic places

Hey Sista.

Well, many charter crews DO stay over for extended periods downroute. MYT were doing 14 days Thailand layovers last winter, and MON / AMM have done 7 day + Caribbeans in the past.

it's not even cost effective, and so obviously so even to the less mathematically inclined crew among us...

Well, I'm no math major, but even I can work out that it'd be CHEAPER to pay for your crew members to stay in a hotel in say, Colombo for about 6 days (no more than about 300-400USD per crew member) than to pay for a commerical air ticket on BA or the like to position them back to LGW, and then pay ANOTHER air fare for another set of crew to position out. Even when you take into account crew member per diems / allowances downroute it would be economically more viable than two sets of one way tickets on BA / Air Lanka / QF etc.

As someone else on here posted, BY tried positioning crew members on other carriers before now to save on long layovers and hotel bills, but it turned out to be way more, and they changed their mind.

Also, if I remember correctly, BY used to fly the Oz routes, and it was a 21 or maybe even 28 day trip for them?

Over and out

:D

Bodum
10th Jul 2003, 16:19
Excuse my ignorance, but who is EAAC? :ugh: :suspect: