PDA

View Full Version : MYT

tampabay
6th Jul 2003, 02:11
Does anyone know what the onboard entertainment is on the MYT flights to Paphos?

BAe 146-100
6th Jul 2003, 04:31
Hi,

It will probably be a movie and a few programmes. That is what most charter airlines do for 3 hour flights.

BAe 146-100 :D

GARDENER
6th Jul 2003, 05:01
If you are unlucky enough to be on 320 G-Y?BM (or a few others)then nothing! Otherwise like previously stated a movie two if you have a stonking headwind! Where are you flying from?

johnwalton
6th Jul 2003, 05:06
Well about 2 months ago I flew on one of their new A321s, which have state-of-the-art in-flight entertainment systems. Unfortunately, the CAA had "not certified" the systems for use (after 8 weeks in service), and that meant 4 hours of twiddling thumbs. Not sure if this problem is ongoing on the A321s, however.

SLT
6th Jul 2003, 17:58
The ongoing problems with the new Thales IFE system (which were supposed to have been fixed by Thales by May 1st:rolleyes: ), have now been sorted. The systems are being activated as and when the aircraft have an engineering slot as far as I know. This system is only fitted to the new shiny A320s and A321s. All other aircraft are keeping their existing systems.

tampabay
6th Jul 2003, 20:47
Well the flight im on is a B757, i was actually meaning does anyone know WHAT movies are shown?

Basically i wanna know if Harry Potter or something is on then i'll be buying a few magazines for the flights...or sedatives:zzz:

dada
6th Jul 2003, 20:56
rambo, rocky and rollerball

tampabay
6th Jul 2003, 22:41
Dada,
Thats a good one! honestly. Are you sure its not The Sound of Music, Conan The Barbarian and Contact :yuk: ??

GARDENER
8th Jul 2003, 04:09
Missus tells me-The Core, 10 ways to get rid of....(can't remember the rest) jungle book2 and another kids one are currently on board.

Dave Gittins
8th Jul 2003, 23:32
If my trip Gatwick to Heraklion (& back 2 weeks later) a few weeks ago is anything to go on - in a 320 - the IFE was "tech" on the way out and they had a serious shortage of headsets on the way home.

I usually catch up on my back copies of Flyer and Pilot at such times.

tampabay
9th Jul 2003, 03:58
OK, thanks for the info guys, heading out tomorrow:) think it'll be a Rangers News for the duration for me ;)

Simon Lumley
9th Jul 2003, 17:54
I flew on MYT587/8 from East Midlands to Paphos return in September last year.

They showed 'Spiderman' on the outward journey and 'My Fat Greek Wedding' on the return flight. On both flights they also showed some holiday tips and a magic trick comedy series.

I thought it was really good.

tampabay
15th Jul 2003, 20:24
If anyones interested the flights were, The Core and a Winnie the Pooh film

heinzmanm
15th Jul 2003, 23:42
Just been to LPA with MYT last week. Film on outbound was 'The Core' and 'How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days on the return flight. Stuff like The Simpsons and My Family were shown in between.

Matthew

johnwalton
24th Jul 2003, 06:32
Just got back from PMI on Monday, there was no film outbound, but inbound was "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days" (as above). Tragically, we made up 20 minutes in the air, and could not see the end of this thrilling epic.

MissChief
24th Jul 2003, 16:44
No pleasing some folk, eh? Make up time, amd they moan about missing the ending of the movie! Sheesh!The Great British Travelling Public......

Han Special
25th Jul 2003, 05:39
The film was so predictable anyway-standard holywood run of the mill chickflick.Mind you it has only just been on at the pictures and will now be showing on pay per view in all good hotels probably.I feel that when its working the IFE is actually quite good,full of holiday tips and half decent movies.

tampabay
25th Jul 2003, 20:47
Well if anyone is flying from Glasgow to Paphos or visa versa the entertainment is as follows,

Outbound - The Core & Winni the Pooh: Pigglet Movie (or something like that)

Inbound - How to lose a guy in 10 days, Friends & My Family