PDA

View Full Version : What states issue "full" JAA CPL-H?

Martin1234
5th Jul 2003, 17:59
What states are able to issue unrestricted JAA CPL-H?

I read the following on http://www.bristol.gs/heli.htm;

"The license issued is a JAA ATPL(H), except that it does not have to be accepted by other JAA states and it carries a caveat restricting its use to UK registered aircraft. The UK CAA had planned to be able to introduce helicopter exams across the board from early 2003, they have now abandoned this idea 'until further notice'"

rotordk
5th Jul 2003, 18:44
I know that Scandinavian countries issues unrestricted JAR certificates, and to my knowledge also the UK CAA .

Vortex what...ouch!
5th Jul 2003, 20:52
Hope this is not too off topic.

I hold a CAA issued licence but now live in the Netherlands. Does anybody know if I can transfer my licence to the Dutch CAA?

Anybody out there know?

Another KOS
5th Jul 2003, 20:53
Martin1234:

Why don't you direct the question to the Licensing Director of the JAA [email protected] and post the reply when it comes back?

Martin1234
5th Jul 2003, 23:13
I guess I should give it a go and e-mail him. However, some states might be allowed to issue an unrestricted certificate even if they don't do so.

To the guy living in the Netherlands, does your certificate have a "caveat restricting its use to UK registered aircraft"?

You should be able to transfer your certificate, at least if it's unrestricted. In that case, I see no reason why you would want to transfer it.

redbar1
7th Jul 2003, 16:25
Martin1234:
The following 9 countries have as per 1st July been "recommended for mutual recognition" for JAR-FCL 2 licenses (Helicopters) by the JAA:

Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and UK.

However, it is fully up to the national CAAs to decide if and when to actually do so.

The transfer of licenses is regulated in JAR-FCL 2 item 2.065 (c):
For administrative convenience, e.g. revalidation, the licence holder may subsequently transfer a licence issued by the State of licence issue to another JAA Member State, provided that employment or normal residency is established in that State (see JAR–FCL 2.070). That State would thereafter become the State of licence issue and would assume the responsibility for licence issue referred to in (a) above
However, such transfer is a matter between the licence holder and the two authorities involved. Observe the word "may" in the quote above. The question should therefore be directed to the CAA of Netherlands.

Cheers,
RedBar1