PDA

View Full Version : What is your most embarrasing moment in the cabin?

Parry Hotter
5th Jul 2003, 17:57
Mine would have to be tripping on a young boys shoe, then falling directly onto a man. Unfortunatley his "personal parts", took the full force of my clenched fist. I do not know who screamed louder, him or me. :O :O :O

I have heard of "A kick in the guts", but how about a "fist in the family jewles"!

:O :) :O :) :O

ditzyboy
5th Jul 2003, 21:13
I was helping a guy (rather hot one mind you) fit an infant belt extension. I grabbed Dadsy right in the testicles like it was deliberate! It was full on. I had both his jatz in my hand!

It was very embarrasing as I am sure he knew I thought he was hot. I kept apologising but I forgot to let them go for ages... It was VERY bad. :D

Mr Seatback 2
5th Jul 2003, 21:47
Ditzy

I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not...only YOU could get yourself into that situation! I split my sides when I read that post!

Keep up the good work doll - you know that if it's not you doing it, someone else will!

Qwannas
6th Jul 2003, 08:29
One that comes to mind for me is when I was working on the Dash8 300 and swung the toilet door wide open (I was about to run in there myself) only to find a lady already sitting there. (She had obviously forgotten to LOCK the door.) To make it worse she was MID WIPE!!!!!!! I gave a little scream of horror, stood there momentarily stunned, then slammed the door shut again and raced down to the galley to hide (forever :cool: ) My little scream (just a natural reaction when horrified - not at all being nasty) drew attention to the situation and the pax (Businessmen) sitting in seats 1AB had full view of it, too. :ooh:

Parry Hotter
6th Jul 2003, 08:37
Qwannas-thats the funniest thing I have ever heard.:eek:

QF skywalker
6th Jul 2003, 10:45
Qwannas - YOU CRACK ME UP! I can't wait to fly with you again soon, I can't stop laughing.:8 ...did you say to the pax on the toilet - " oh ...your a FOOOL Kim " ???

Ditzyboy - I'm also not suprised at your behaviour either ! Typical of a link chick - you pulse boys are trouble with a capital T.

I had a pax also on the Dash 8-300 who was also on his way to the forward lavatory.However he was a bit elderly and seemed disoriented.I watched with amazement from the galley as he opened up the front coat wardrobe ( which is directly opposite the lavatory) and ducked down to try and climb in, I couldn't belive it.He had one leg in the wardrobe when I got to him and yanked him out telling him that he definetley can not use that as toilet.I then pointed him in the right direction.:D

haamdhanimaid
6th Jul 2003, 17:56
Walking down the cabin with my skirt tucked into my knickers....

Falling asleep on an aft facing crew seat on an A340, falling off the seat and, yet again, showing my knickers in front of about,, oooh, 100 pax.

eek.

SydGirl
7th Jul 2003, 19:37
Being mid-cabin on the A320 pushing a trolley forwards.. when my stay-ups decided they didn't want to anymore.

I never realised that 144 people were looking at my legs whilst walking up the aisle until that very moment.

Think I said a few choice ( :mad: :mad: :mad: ) words then disappeared into the lavatory for a very loooooooooooong time.

Have never worn them since btw.
SG
:}

(Oh have also asked a passenger if he'd like to "hold onto your nuts while I take your cup away". :\ )

Cliff
7th Jul 2003, 19:54
I was serving a first class passenger when she said to me: "Sir, your fly is open" Oops!!!:\

ezygalleyboy
8th Jul 2003, 06:53
For a change, it wasn't me that embarassed myself, but my fellow crew member.....

The flight was to Barcelona, and there were quite a few gay pax onboard, and I was joking with the Senior that I could find a bf on this flight. She replied, "I'll make sure you do" and walked off with a grin.

She then started the welcome onboard PA...

"Hello everyone, and a very warm welcome onboard this fairyland express to Barcelona. My name is J******, and I am the senior cabin crew member on your flight today. Joining me in the cabin are two very glamorous stewardesses. In the middle is Princess K******, and at the back is a right Queen, G******"

Every pax burst into laughter, and I have never got so many phone numbers off the pax!

xxx

imdavidflyme
19th Jul 2003, 03:08
LOL! :D
Ezygalleyboy, i don't know what to say. Seems hildididiarious!

Who needs GH
19th Jul 2003, 05:07
Mine would have to be sneezing during the demonstration and hitting a passenger with a greeny. I had to hide in the back galley for the whole flight. I wanted to DIE!! It was very low cost though!

Eastcoasting
19th Jul 2003, 12:42
As we all know intestinal gases are quite an occupational hazard in our profession.

Whilst working on the cart one morning during a breakfast flight, just thought I'd let a little quiet one slip out from behind.(brrrrrr)

Unfortunately it was a tad bit louder than I had expected and as I was bending into the cart a rather huge explosion occured!!:\

The other hostie and I just looked at each other and burst into hysterical laughter - hey, what else could we do! I could hardly blame it on anyone else.

Qwannas
21st Jul 2003, 21:56
OOOohhh! Biscuit Chucker, I do that TOO! :O

On one occasion, I have even done the reverse and mistaken a man for a lady!

He (or She, as I thought at the time) looked alot like Dame Edna - but not in the frock, just a pair of SLACKS! During service I asked "Excuse me Maam, would you like a drink?" I offered several times, but received an icy stare (arms folded) and NO answer. I thought to myself "Hmmm, why is this lady blatantly ignoring me like this? Talk about RUDE!" So I went and took a good look at the manifest and discovered that Edna, was infact, a "Sir" not a "Maam"! :rolleyes:

It was all fixable!

marlowe
21st Jul 2003, 22:59
Did the demo on a Dash8 300 at the front of the cabin it was only after i had finished that the girl in 2B told me that my fly was open!!!!

cloud nine
22nd Jul 2003, 20:00
Yes I have also called mam's, sir's, and sir's, mam's. Sometimes it is almost impossible to tell :oh:

But like Marlow, I also made some pax blush on a Dash. Try doing "top of decent" PA, wondering why the entire row of males in row 1 were sqirming in thier seats. I was happily wandering down the cabin doing the saftey checks when a woman in row 7 ( yes, I made it that far) tells me that I have TWO top buttons undone on my shirt. Yes, you could see EVERYTHING!:oh: :O :oh: :O Still can not believe so many pax new, but let me walk on past.

Now I have "button phobia" and check them before each and every PA. :D

flitegirl
22nd Jul 2003, 20:48
I too have mistaken a number of sirs as ma'am and vice-versa....

even more embarassing.... i'd just done four sectors in and out of canberra and it had been a :mad: of a day. By the fourth landing I was well and truly over making the "thank you for flying.... blah" PA. I hung up the hand set and said to my colleague at the front door with me, "geez they don't even listen, I may as well have told them to shove it up their:mad: " I thought i'd said it ever so quietly but apparently not. My passener in row 1 heard me!! Thankfully she thought it was HILARIOUS but I was mortified and beetroot red as well:\ :\

STARBUX
6th Aug 2003, 01:53
Hey,

My most embarrassing moment was when I first started flying.......I had been on line about 4 months....it was summer and we used to do some long layovers in the sun.....anyway I had a major tan and thought that I looked the B******s ! I was on the second tea and coffee service......just came in to replenish the pot and the No:2 told me that I had a bogey hanging from my nose for the last 15 mins!!!!!!!!! Needless to say that certainly put me in my place!!!! Hmmmm lurvly!!!!!!!!!!

Airist
9th Aug 2003, 00:07
haamdhanimaid,

I too have done the skirt-in-knickers routine.. But can recommend this particular variation:

For "knickers", substitute "suspender belt". Then leave the knickers out of the equation altogether... (Well, it was Barbados, and those uniforms are sooooo not designed for hot climates..!)

:\ :\ :\

Tart with the cart
9th Aug 2003, 01:23
Went to work feeling slightly dodgy and actually fainted in the cabin. Came round to see the other crew peering down at me looking concerned and all the pax looking at me.

Golden Runways
9th Aug 2003, 03:27
Oooh celebs. Good guys:

jimmy hill. Carried him loads. Top humour and top bloke. Was going LGW-MAN to speak at someones funeral (forgotten who) and in the day when you could put him in the flightdeck so he could get off quickly due to delay. Was boarding loads of frenchies on a flight, me saying bonjewar, and he comes up in the middle of them all and says bunjowar yourself. All the little milk couplets were off that day too.

Anthea Turner. Mmmmmmm. I fancy her. She liked the egg sarnie so much I gave her one. I mean another sandwich. Top girl. People love to knock her, but she was fab.

Susan dando, discussed effective pain relief for period pains. Davina mcall and hubby, ben kingsley (nice girlfriend ben), geri haliwell, couldn’t manage to carry her own boarding card (don’t care who you are, ain’t getting on for i see it!), she was ok tho, her scottish assistant much better looking tho. Atomic kitten. They’re all well friendly. David bellamy (he’s dinky), gordon brown. Annoushka hempel and lord weinberg, top couple.
phil collins top bloke too. Gary rhodes, ken hom. Them blokes that present channel 4 driving program, they were well funny and got slaughtered. Funny thing was we only got talking to them cos we told them to shut up during the demo.

Barry Grant off brookside. He was a top bloke. Going to watch footy in milan. Think he’s on ‘the bill’, but don’t watch it. Alex ferguson, dead nice. Anna ryder long name richardson.

Jean claude van damm. SCCM said he was boarding. We all thought she was joking. Never saw him during busy flight. Went to help out at the front before landing, and this tiny bloke kept getting in the way. When the seat belt sign came on i bundled him into his seat. He looked well bemused. Then after the SCCM says that WAS jcvan damm. He was tho, very polite, and cool. Oh and Ronan keating.

The other half:

mandelson, ok he was a really nice bloke. Just didn’t want to like him. Many footballers. None of them from my team so i don’t care. Some thrash metal band boarded in MRS and asked for an upgrade. I said no. When i popped down the back later, they had been chucking screwed up newspapers at each other. They were well funny. I wish i had upgraded them now.

Heard as said that cilla is notorious (allegedley). Doesn’t speak to crew personally, used to speak via bobby, and now seemingly thru her agent. Notice how she always has a go at anyone she considers ‘posh’. Yet she doesn’t even talk to commoners like us! Still till i meet her, reserve judgement.

My fave occurrence was a divorced royal and girlfriend. Seated 8A and 8C. Seated in 8B was an obese american who needed an extension seatbelt. German ground staff. No one can tell me the germans have no sense of humour. Asks for different seats! No upgrade tho. Surely they could afford club?

My main conclusion is, majority of them are cool. And few of them eat much, and just want a bottle of water. And Anthea is my favourite. Jimmy hill as well, but i don’t fancy him.

these topics, are they all started by the people that make mile high on sky tv? we're just givimg 'em free stories.

Thunderball
14th Aug 2003, 06:27
1) In 1978, two weeks into her flying career, a Dan Air hosty who I knew very well was on a 727-200 that landed back at LGW. When the aircraft came to a standstill she dropped the rear airstairs, and walked down them onto the ramp - as you do. Upon realizing that the aircraft was still over a mile from the terminal building, she mounted the stairs again and was only half way up when the aircraft got underway again. Apparently by this time there were two passengers at the top of the stairs about to follow her down. Unbelievable but true - anyone else remember this? Her name - God Bless her - was Liz, and she's still flying today (or at least she was about 3 years ago). When they were on stand the FO came back, but was told by the Number One that "someone had touched the rear door".

2) October 2001, flying to LAX on a VS A340, I joined my neighbour at the back of the cabin for a drink of water. A minor bit of CAT shook the plane, whereupon the toilet door right in front of us slowly swung open, to reveal one of the cabin crew admiring herself in the mirror at point-blank range, with her kit round her ankles. She was so self-absorbed that it was 15-20 seconds before she realized she was providing the most memorable sight I have seen in over 2,000 sectors flown world-wide. Having been an archetypal exponent all the way across of that unique brand of self-assurance(?!) that only VS staff can display, we thought it was only fair to stay exactly where we were until she eventually emerged, some 10 minutes later, but no longer naked from the waist down. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person, and I only hope she enjoyed it as much as we did. If you're reading this, thanks for the memory.

Qwannas
15th Aug 2003, 02:20
Thunderball,

Your post was just hysterical. :} Loved it!!