PDA

View Full Version : Unable to access PPRuNe chat

HelenD
5th Jul 2003, 05:55
Well last night I turned my PC on as usual and logged on to PPRuNe and tried to accedss chat. The first strange thing I noticed was that I had to log in to PPRuNe. I use the cookie here. when I went to chat I got this message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Thought this was very strange so I tried to log on at work and got absolutly no problems .

Got home tonight and downloaded the latest version of java made sure my profile still said use cookies as per an admin email I went to look for the local cat applet using the instructions but it was missing and finally I made sure I set the brower to medium level with the default dimmed. Restarted the PC and tried again.
Still no joy. Wondering what to try next do I reinstall windows or reformat my hard drive. I have also noticed that sites like the met office had also lost my log in.

I run Windows 98 SE and IE6 my ISP is BT openworld broadband and I switch my PC off when its not in use. I have norton antivirus and keep my definitions up to date and run zone alarm for a firewall.

Please help

HelenD
5th Jul 2003, 16:30
I have got in to chat now and I think I hacve an idea of what caused it but how it happend I dont know I noticed my date on my PC had jumped a year. Strange but as soon as changed the date all was ok