PDA

View Full Version : Civair on it's way out????

Goffel
5th Jul 2003, 03:00
Rumour has it that Civair is owing some serious bucks to people.
A high profile aviation company in Cape Town is considering legal action if they are not paid.
A couple of others are fighting to get into the line
It is also said that some of it's staff also have not been paid.
It would be interesting to know who is going to keep the 90 that is on blocks in the adjoining maintenance hanger.
So it looks like another aviation company is on the way out.

clipboard
8th Jul 2003, 18:38
Liquidation of Civair

It is official now.

NAC/Makana Aviation has today brought an urgent liquidation application against Civair Airways CC.

It is so published in the paper and on the Supreme Court Role.

Would be interesting to see if the application succeeds.

Goffel
8th Jul 2003, 19:03
:} Clipboard.
What have you got against me.You actually beat me (and Gunns)to it.
It will be very interesting to see the final outcome of this little saga.

Not only is NAC owed money,but a certain company that Civair has been gunning for for quite a while.(excuse the pun Gunns).
Apparently quite a couple of others as well.

So all the noise makers who fly there,will be knocking on my door for a job.

Yes it is always sad to see someone hit the dirt,but when that person has been trying to shut all other operators down and anyone else that has been trying to make a legit living then I have no sympathy.

I bet we have no response from certain people there on pprune about todays paper.
Then again poor old Gunns will get the blame again.

My red telephone rings.....................

huey fan
8th Jul 2003, 22:33
Is'nt it amazing just how much attention a little legal action creates. The aviation circles in Cape Town are abuzz with the liquidation application brought today in the Cape Town High Court by NAC/Makana against Civair. I received at least 4 emails from Capetonians today. Everyone is speculating what will happen next. Those for Civair hopes that Cluver will pull things right, and those against him, believes he is getting what he deserves, and that he should go under. Amazing how cruel the human race becomes in times like this.

A Court action becomes public knowledge, (access to papers) and it is now confirmed that Mr. Cluver has weathered the first salvo by putting up a surety bond for the $$$$$ that he owes NAC/Makana, and the matter has been postponed until the 22nd of July.

Furthermore, out of the small aviation circles in Cape Town, it has also become public knowledge that a fair sized cheque given to the AMO to release the King-Air 90 bounced. Some payments have been made, and the King Air is back in the old Falcon Air Hangar. This little saga was picked up by veri-cheque. There goes your credibility sir!

It has also become known that DENEL are owed a small fortune, and that all Civair's creditors have now teamed up together to claim their share. Things don't sound too good from what I hear.

My spies around CPT International are of the opinion that things are a lot worse than what Cluver has indicated. He has been noticed driving around in a white Honda Ballade, rather than his flashy little 3 series BMW Convertable. Maybe the BMW bailed him out this time. What next? Capetonians keep me posted. JB, stay in touch, and keep the mails rolling.

See you all next Tuesday! Guns and I are coming to town. Him to sort out a few fingers that need attention, and me to enjoy my home!

Goffel
9th Jul 2003, 07:23
Sorry chaps.The RED BMW CONVERTABLE is in for a service.
Got to look smart you know.
The Honda Ballade is another of the companies transport.
If I am not mistaken it used to belong to the charter queen to drive around in.
So the 90 actually got released.Now that is something.Someone kissed something.
Mind you when that first cheque bounced for the AMO everyone thought the sprinkler system would go off.

Well all the chaps that got shafted by the delightful bossman,I am sure they are standing in line to smile.
I know I am.
I was personally shafted up the cake-h..e.AND with out cream and with a pine-apple.Ouch.
Denel must be worried.
If I was on this sinking ship I know what I would do.
Take a craft for a check ride and return when my salary was cleared by the bank and not before.
I honestly dont know what NAC hope to achieve as very little if anything actually belongs to Civair.
But then again Civair does have the Jhb - Abijan - London trip on their 727 with the aux tanks.
Now that brings in big bucks.