PDA

View Full Version : What's Alaska Airlines like ?

mixture
4th Jul 2003, 21:49
I'm going to be in the land of the free sometime in August and find myself having to become an item SLF :D

It's would be on the SFO -> LAX route

So, is it Alaskan, United or someone else ?

Thanks

fokkerjet
7th Jul 2003, 06:32
Rumor has it that they painted the face of the prettiest flight attendant on their tails:E

I've flown on them a couple of times out of Chicago up to Alaska and they were OK. 5+ hours in the back of a crowded 737 isn't pleasant on any carrier:(

B767300ER
13th Jul 2003, 04:21
Ah, FokkerJet...

You obviously have'nt seen their (Alaska's) LAX-based F/As; they're mostly gorgeous young California girls.

weasil
13th Jul 2003, 22:06
The face on the tails is a native indian ( Dont' know if indian is the correct term).

I've only flown alaska twice and both times my flights were cancelled and I had to wait for another one and they did not give any concessions/free tickets etc.. to make up for it. The customer service was terrible.

nomoneynowek
14th Jul 2003, 00:48
I've just had another good look at my wedding pictures, and it doesn't seem to be my wife............ so sorry fokker, you must be mistaken!;)

767 seems to have hit the nail on the head though:ok: Go LAX!

moku
14th Jul 2003, 03:48
When I used to live in CA I flew Alaska a lot up and down the West Coast. For short haul they were pretty good. I would recommend them.

mixture
15th Jul 2003, 21:25
thanks all...... well I've booked with Alaskan ......

I'll try to remember to come back here and report feedback :cool:

willbav8r
16th Jul 2003, 07:42
What about Southwest? Or are you just partial to handing over lots of wedge for the priviledge of a 50 min flight?

PaperTiger
16th Jul 2003, 10:57
What about Southwest?

Pulled out of SFO years ago, and never flew from there to LAX anyway.