PDA

View Full Version : Canon BJ F360 Printer

bmb7jiw
4th Jul 2003, 09:30
I have just bought a second hand Canon BJ F360 colour bubble jet printer. Unfortunately it was made in 2000 so the software that comes with it is not XP Compliant. This model seems to be a Japan only model (thats where I live).
Does anybody have any ideas how I can get it to work? I have tried just plug and play but it doesnt seem to like that. I have also tried downloading update software from Canon but this only seems to work with Japanese XP, and Im running English XP. Argh!!!!!

Thanks for your help,

James

Naples Air Center, Inc.
4th Jul 2003, 10:08
James,

Canon's drivers have been a problem for a long time now. There are many people that just give up on older models and just go get a new printer.

The only options I could find were either for Japanese Windows Drivers or Linux.

At the Microsoft site it does not list the printer on their list of supported printers in WinXP either.

Your only shot will be to find out if the printer emulates another printer like an Epson or HP. If it does you are set and you can just use that driver.

Take Care,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.
Custom Computers of Naples, Inc.

ORAC
4th Jul 2003, 13:54
How about a generic driver (http://www.com1.fr/products/terminal/canon.php) for the whole BJ series? May not be perfect, but might work....

bmb7jiw
4th Jul 2003, 22:57
Thanks for your help guys!!
I have found the right driver. The BJ330 is the same printer, just has a different name in different parts of the world. I have connected it using my USB cables (I dont have a serial/other peripheral socket) but it isnt recognising it. Im trying to get round that problem now!!!

James

Naples Air Center, Inc.
5th Jul 2003, 06:06
James,

If there is any other way we can help, just let us know.

Take Care,

Richard