PDA

View Full Version : Le Cocqs Airlink win licence to compete on Jersey-Guernsey route

Charlie Fox
3rd Jul 2003, 19:10
AURIGNY has lost its monopoly on carrying pre-booked air passengers to and from Guernsey & Jersey
And inter-island air travellers can now look forward to cheaper fares with the introduction of competition on the route following the decision of the Jersey and Guernsey authorities.

The decision to award a licence to Le Cocqs AirLink was announced today and already a price war between the two carriers has been signalled. Le Cocqs say its maximum fare will be £69 compared to Guernsey States-owned Aurigny's fare of £84 return.

Flight Level Zero
3rd Jul 2003, 19:26
Lets hope that Le Cocq's prove more reliable than they do on the Bournemouth route, frequent changes to the schedule, cancellations etc.

I do wish them the best of luck but lets not grow to fast.:ok:

LukeEGTE
4th Jul 2003, 01:49
But look at the state of their website... http://www.lecocqs.com/

Chillwinston
4th Jul 2003, 22:42
Hope the extra pennies they plan to spend are on the web site but maybe they are showing the likes of Easyjet and Ryanair the way forward, forget onboard meals, order your groceries and collect upon your return or order them and scoff the lot on the flight (Tesco's mentioned on their site!!).

Where did the airlines name come from?

stevobeevo
5th Jul 2003, 00:45
LeCocqs, a brief history.

The LeCocq family of Alderney started a general store, which is the supermarket selling Tesco products in Alderney. The store was sold to Noel Hayes, who decided in 2000 that it was time to fly in fresh produce direct from the mainland and chose Bournemouth airport to handle its freight. I think its handled by Channel Express here. Local islanders kept asking for seats on the Islander flights to BOH and before you know it in Jan 2002 they launched a daily scheduled flight linking the two airports using a newly aquired Trislander. They now own 2 islanders and a trislander. One Islander is for freight only. The islander is used on the BOH-Alderney and inter island flights. The Trislander links BOH to Jersey and Guernsey. They carried over 7000 PAX last year on the Alderney to Bournemouth route.

I have flown with them to Alderney where I had a fantastic week long break last summer. The flight was smooth and you could see a great view of the coast and BOH as you flew out. They're a very small airline and very friendly. Maybe oneday they'll expand to larger aircraft until then they'll always be a small outfit. It is therefore unfair to compare them to the likes of Flybe etc who are on course to carry 4 million plus passengers this year. LeCocqs may carry 20,000 plus. Small fry at the moment.;)

Le Tirer
11th Sep 2003, 22:39
LukeEGTE and Chillwinston

Looks like they have spent a few pennies on their website

http://www.rockhopper.aero/index.htm