PDA

View Full Version : Dmm.exe ???

Cornish Jack
3rd Jul 2003, 07:02
Does anyone have any info on this application, please?
After a couple of hardware and software changes, (Load MGI Video Wave 5, add usb external CD R/RW, lose WinAspi, unload VW5, regain WinAspi, load Nero Burning 5.5 plus update - several times) have now lost the ability to play audio CDs with CD Player. If I try, I get a pop-up box saying 'can't find DMM.EXE, which is needed to play audio files'. There is no DMM.EXE in the W98SE .cab files and a Google and Dogpile search gives only a couple of references - none of which seem to have anything to do with audio files. The Nero Wave Editor is able to play .wav files, as are other, similar, editors.
The external usb CD device (a Memorex bbq200 which needed some obscure drivers to function,) is a second CD writer and I can totally do without it. The Video Wave 5 conflict with Nero is, apparently, known about. I need to be able to do some audio CD burning so would greatly appreciate any pointers.
TIA

Naples Air Center, Inc.
3rd Jul 2003, 08:21
Cornish Jack,

Did you ever download this program:

Dun Meter Millennium (http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000030577)

Description: See Your Internet Bandwith and Test your Internet Speed

Also I was wondering if you use the Add/Remove feature instead of just deleting the files?

Take Care,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.
Custom Computers of Naples, Inc.

Cornish Jack
3rd Jul 2003, 17:19
Thank you, Richard
No, I haven't downloaded that particular program but the Google search brought it up as one of the references. There didn't seem to be any other viable references from either Google or Dogpile and I can't connect any recent changes on the machine with this particular area - although the installation of the external usb CD writer was a bit 'iffy'.
.... and, yes, I do use the add/remove rather than delete - unless the program has its own uninstall routine.
Thanks again

fobotcso
3rd Jul 2003, 22:14
Stumped, CJ. I looks like Digital Music Maker/Module or somesuch.

Can't find any trace of it in my libraries - not even DMM.DLL or other variations.

Cornish Jack
3rd Jul 2003, 22:45
fobotcso
Thee and me, both!!:confused:
Have had to bite the bullet and use the recovery disks to go back to the dreaded XP so that I can operate again. I think that I REALLY, REALLY (to use the modern repetitive idiom) HATE COMPUTERS:mad: :mad:
I am assured by the local shop, where I bought this one, that XP has a dual boot setup facility - does anyone have any pointers, please?
TIA

fobotcso
3rd Jul 2003, 23:02
I've started a new thread to answer your query about dual-booting XP, CJ. It may have wider appeal but might otherwise go unnoticed.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
3rd Jul 2003, 23:51
Cornish Jack,

I checked everywhere I could think of and all I came up with was:

Dun Meter Millennium

My only guess is a program that was installed at one time that used this DMM.exe as a subcomponent and when you removed the program it left traces to the DMM.exe in your registry.

I was wondering why you went back to WinXP if you prefer Win98SE? A quick format and install from the Win98SE CABs was all you needed.

Take Care,

Richard