PDA

View Full Version : Help I can't post

Windy Militant
3rd Jul 2003, 02:40
Well I can post, but any thing more than a couple of sentences and I get a can't find the server error message.

My first thought was timing out but it happens even if I write up in note pad and paste and submit.
I'm using IE6 on XP any thoughts.

BRL
3rd Jul 2003, 05:57
Hi Windy. I have had a similar problem in the past like yours. What I have done is hit 'refresh' and the page is loaded. If that doesn't work then I can't help you anymore with your problem as that is all i know....!

Windy Militant
3rd Jul 2003, 06:18
Thanks Big Red,
I've tried that but when I do, the post is cleared I just get the blank page back which is really annoying.

The Nr Fairy
3rd Jul 2003, 17:07
Windy :

I can't solve your problem directly, but I can offer a workaround.

Use Word / Wordpad / Notepad / any old text editor to create your post, then copy the text, paste into the posting window, "Submit", then it reduces the chances of a problem. And if all does go pear-shaped, then you can easily repaste the text.

Windy Militant
3rd Jul 2003, 20:48
Nr
Thanks for the thought I've tried that. It doesn't work It seems to be the amount of text not the time taken to post. I've tried a couple of test posts with just "Testing testing" and they go through fine even if I leave it for about five minutes before I submit. If I try to edit and put more text in it refuses play. So you end up in a vicious cycle of paste, post, error, refresh, blank, paste and so on.
(Posting from work at the moment)

snooky
14th Jul 2003, 02:17
Help! I have to use refresh several times to get any pprune page up. I don't have the problem on any other site.

I've posted here because I can't start a new topic, no button to press.

Any ideas appreciated.

snooky
14th Jul 2003, 05:00
I've now mysteriously got the "new topic" button back, but still have to refresh a couple of times to get a page to come up.

By the way, W98SE and ie5.5

Naples Air Center, Inc.
16th Jul 2003, 05:37
snooky,

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Temporary Internet Files > Settings:

Check for newer version of stored pages:

Every visit to the page

Take Care,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.
Custom Computers of Naples, Inc.