PDA

View Full Version : Air NZ at LHR

Off Stand
2nd Jul 2003, 23:58
I am currently a purser operating short haul on the 737 out of LGW. I have heard that Air NZ are recruiting for cabin crew to be based at LHR. I was wondering if anyone could give me any info, such as pay, interview tips, likelyhood of a non-Kiwi being sucessful in getting the job? Thanks in advance!!!!

YYC F/A
3rd Jul 2003, 03:54
Hi Off Stand,

Air New Zealand have a base at LHR, the flight attendants fly solely on the LHR - LAX route. You do NOT have to be a New Zealander to apply, check out their UK Recruitment site at

http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/aboutus/careers/flight_attendants.htm

As you will see, they take applicants with British Residency, i.e. EEA or UK Passport, or other non EEA passport if you have 'permanent leave to remain' (right to live and work) in the UK.

Other people on this board have posted questions about Air New Zealand, but it's hard to get much more info, I don't think their is anyone from Air NZ LHR Base that posts on pprune to be honest.

You can download an application on line, print it out, fill it in, and send it to the address on the form with your photographs. Not sure if and when they will be hiring again, I spoke to someone at their London Regional Office who said they are NOT currently recruting. Who knows? :confused:

By all accounts, the pay is good, and their is a limited form of bidding that allows you to request certain days off... I think if you were to manipulate the system and bid strategically at the end of one month/beginning of another you could get a good stretch of days off in a row. A lot of ex BD people went to Air NZ, apparently they are all very happy.

Good Luck!

yellow rocket
5th Jul 2003, 18:50
Hi there OffStand

LHR has just finished an intake - trainees should have been out on line a few weeks now.

YYC gives the same advice I would give.

LHR recruiting is done in London not in Auckland.

If you have the right to live in Australia or New Zealand you can apply for a New Zealand based position. Recruitment lately seems to be continuous, largely for Short Haul (Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch bases) but some Long Haul (Auckland based only). Download the application form for NZ bases here:

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/aboutus/careers/flight_attendants.htm

Good luck.

Off Stand
5th Jul 2003, 19:58
Thanks guys. I have already had an application sent through in the post, so I will get it filled out and send it off. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!

YYC F/A
6th Jul 2003, 04:43
I had a suspicion that they had only just recently finished recruiting at LHR - Damn, Damn, Damn! In all likelihood, given that their is a relatively low staff turnover, and they only have one route, it is unlikely Air NZ will hire F/A's for LHR base for at least another 6 months - 1 year. :sad: :sad:

Off Stand
6th Jul 2003, 06:37
I've just been on their website again, it says that there are vacancies for cabin crew for LHR, no harm in sending in a form I guess. A friend of mine (that I joined my current airline with) is on a training course for them at the moment, I'll ask her to keep her ear close to the ground.

ex cabin crew
6th Jul 2003, 08:30
slightly off subject but still connected with ANZ - i am trying to get in touch with simon Fabrizio who I believe is working as cabin crew for ANZ out of LHR - anyone able to help? thanks

YYC F/A
6th Jul 2003, 09:51
Offstand - thanks for keeping your ears (and the like) open! Any info you get appreciated!

ex cabin crew - suggest you write to your friend c/o:

Air New Zealand,
Room 234
East Wing
Terminal 3 Arrivals Building
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow
Middlesex TW61NZ
UNITED KINGDOM

Make sure you mark the envelope for his attention, or put an envlope for him inside a bigger one with a note explaining this is for a particular crew member. (am I making sense?!)

Off Stand
6th Jul 2003, 20:58
I think I do YYC, as soon as I hear something, pprune will be the first to know!!!!