PDA

View Full Version : bmi regional EMA-BRU

ajamieson
2nd Jul 2003, 22:40
Seems BD is to return full service links to EMA with a EMA-BRU rotation starting in October. It will operate in place of the WW service.

ALLMCC
2nd Jul 2003, 23:17
if this is the way BMI regional are thinking, what are the chances of reinstating BHD/EMA - this was operated until Baby started from BFS last October - have it on good authority that BHD/EMA always had good load factors

nitefiter
3rd Jul 2003, 18:11
ALLMCC
be patient it will only be a matter of time

ALLMCC
3rd Jul 2003, 18:50
NITEFITER

thanks for that - I do wonder is the announcement of EMA/BRU the first move in BMI's possible intention to dispose of WW as in BA/Go fashion?

bmibaby.com
3rd Jul 2003, 23:31
I doubt that bmi would want to dispose of bmibaby as it has become a valuable addition to the bmi family, allowing bmi to effectively compete with low cost airlines from EMA and MAN.

What would be the benefit of closing the airline now?
bmi has only renegotiated the leases on its 737 fleet to keep the planes for the baby operation otherwise they would have been replaced by Airbuses.

ajamieson
3rd Jul 2003, 23:42
What would be the benefit of closing the airline now?

Not closing, selling. For lots and lots of cash. Whatever cash was required to bring everything back into the black, I would imagine. They did the same with the ground handling business. Being solvent would make bmi mainline itself more attractive to potential buyers.

If baby was sold, the 737 leases would transfer with the sale, surely.

Hap Hazard
4th Jul 2003, 03:36
To all bmi regional pilots, caravan for sale going cheap, 40 gallon water tank, chemical toilet and gas stove.
New tyres 40,000 miles ago, tows like a dream.

:mad:

Astronut
4th Jul 2003, 18:10
bmi could always dump regional and expand baby seeing as baby is keeping bmi afloat at the mo.

bmibaby.com
4th Jul 2003, 18:26
It was easy for British Airways to extract Go from their operations as Go was a completely stand alone subsidiary.

bmibaby has taken over the entire route network of bmi from East Midlands Airport, taken over some services also from Manchester Airport.
bmibaby uses aircraft and a lot of crews that have been transferred over from mainline and regional.
And why would passengers used to lower fares suddenly want to revert back to mainline?

jocko0102
4th Jul 2003, 19:30
They have not taken any routes from mainline/regional at Manchester.

glynn-kayes
4th Jul 2003, 21:22
bmibaby have just increased flights from ema to bfs from 2 to 3 pre day,with the last rotation also operating the mme sector from the winter schedule ie ema-bfs-mme-bfs-ema so i dont think that any plans are in situ to revert the service back to mainline or any other ema services for that matter bru services were the most underutilised with average loads of forty odd and mainly business pax

Bezi l
4th Jul 2003, 22:28
My understanding of the whole EMA-BRU situation, is that a lot of 'Gold Card Members' used the service. Liked the lounge and their parking priviledges at EMA!!! It was also a non-profitable route for bmibaby, who I think gladly gave the route back to dad!!

bmibaby.com, wake up and smell some coffee, part of baby getting it's own AOC is so that it CAN be sold off as a going concern in a BA/GO fashion. Whether that happens next year or in the next 5, it will only be a matter of time.

watch this space!!!!

BL
xx
:ok: