PDA

View Full Version : 4th Ryanair 737 to be based PIK in September.

kpiko3
2nd Jul 2003, 22:17
hi,

I was recently speaking to a Prestwick based Ryanair captain and he told me that there would be a 4th Ryanair based here in addition to 3 new routes.But this time it would be a 737-800,not a 737-200 whick I think is grest news for PIK.Routes would probably be some of these-Bergamo,Carcassonne,Lubeck or that Moscow rumoour that has been brought up lately.Or maybe they would up the frequency on a couple of there routes just now.

Kris

stevobeevo
3rd Jul 2003, 00:10
Maybe this is the opportunity to increase the BOH-PIK service to twice daily, as Ryanair recently reported in local BOH press that this is the next plan they have for the BOH services. The PIK service is averaging fill rates in the low 90%s. Two B732's a day would cope with the demand. Freeing up one of the other PIK routes to upgrade to a B738. Maybe Gerona? Its selling very well.

JerryStClair
3rd Jul 2003, 08:16
I think Bergamo will be next as that is the only base they don't fly to at the mo.

Although I think somewhere in the Netherlands would be better as sleazyjet dropped a service to amsters recently and I think with the Netherlands excellent transport system anywhere in the Netherlands is within reach and would be very very popular from PIK.

Heres hoping!!!!

kpiko3
3rd Jul 2003, 20:13
If so,it would probably be Milan Bergamo and Maastricht,and probably one more rotation on one of there excisting routes,and maybe another rotation on the Dublin route because it doesnt take that long to get there.

sparkymarky
8th Jul 2003, 05:08
Milan is a dead cert, particularly given the success of Girona/Barcelona and the likely desire to compete with the new Edinburgh service from Duo.

After that somewhere like Lubeck/Hamburg might be a possible option. It is already fairly well plugged into their network. Given the new Germania service to Berlin, the Scottish Executive might frown at subsidising two services to the same city, but another German link would be welcomed by all.

I'd agree a Dutch location would also be welcome. And it would probably annoy Easyjet, so bound to appeal to MOL.

An outsider is another more touristy destination, either south of France or Spain. But another long sector is stretching the 'eight sectors a day' rule that another PPRUNER kindly educated me in. It won't happen, but after being in the Jerez area recently, that'd be top of my personal wish list.

Maybe we should have a forecasting competition?