View Full Version : Early Morning Gyro Failure

voodooman
2nd Jul 2003, 07:19
My position - Night freight pilot.
My problem - Possibile gyro failure!
After completing long shifts I tend to fall out of bed. Very scary too! I don't have any dreams that I can remember. This mornings effort I was told by my partner I was conducting aerobactics mainly cart wheels...Does anyone else suffer like this? Answers Please.

Leatherdog
2nd Jul 2003, 09:23
In a word.......YES!

I did two years of night frieght and found that I just could not entertain a social life as well as the job. The lack of dreams or more actuately no memory of dreams is one of the recognised symtoms of cronic fatigue. (Not cronic fatigue syndrome) Others are lack of job statisfaction, care factor zero attitude, tired after sleep, and hypertension(high blood pressure) at the severe end of things.

I am a tad concerned of your comments regarding topples. Might need to see the doc, go to one who is NOT a DAME. The doctor patient regs are there, use them to maintain your health.

Otherwise, try and get some time off, dont need to go on holidays, just a week to two at home to recoup every few months to brake the cycle of night shift and RDO's.

Good luck, remember to consider your mental and physical health in your preflight, your partner and family will appeciate it.

Cheers

Leatherdog.
;)

voodooman
2nd Jul 2003, 11:57
Leatherdog,
Thanks for the info nice to see im not the only burnt out night fly. I do envy you though, going into my fourth year of single pilot night flying.

olderbutyzer
2nd Jul 2003, 19:07
Sorry Leatherdog, but HyPOtension is LOW blood pressure. HyPERtension is HIGH.

Cheers.

Leatherdog
2nd Jul 2003, 22:10
Thankyou olderbutyzer...you are quite right, my mistake.

Hypertension was what I meant.

Voodooman

I still fly the back half of the clock but a max of four nights a time. The larger portion of our work is during the day. I hope you find some answers.

Leatherdog.