PDA

View Full Version : Problem opening links..(it freezes)

boeingbus2002
2nd Jul 2003, 06:01
I've had a problem recently when trying to load up a website or link.
Usually if trying to view a few pages, i will right click on the link and open new window. Normally they would open up fine, but recently a new window opens but it freezes and nothing comes up, just blank.

I cant even close this window and retry. Even the links on the original page dont work if i manage to bring it back to the front!

I have AOL v8 and before had v7. Never had the problem before, only recently so i thought upgrading to v8 might fix it.
Using Win98 and the problem also occurs with Internet explorer.
Sometimes its trouble free or i can go through a few pages before it freezes, others its the first few times. It cant be the internet connection as i have messenger loaded up and can still use that after it stops.

In case it helps: Read on past postings it maybe AOL's browser cache..cleared it..no change.

HELP!:{ :{

boeingbus2002
7th Jul 2003, 06:15
Anyone?!! IM getting PPrune withdrawl symptoms now as it can be a pain having to Ctrl-Alt-Del when i cant open any new pages.
:(

takenthe5thamendment
7th Jul 2003, 17:16
Hi boeingbus2002

I've had loads of similar problems since installing AOL 8. :{

This morning I had to do a system restore so I could get the front page of AOL visible on the computer.

I couldnt even clear the AOL cache, the prog just freezes.
I'm running WIN XP.

Sorry I'm as clueless as you are.:ugh:

boeingbus2002
8th Jul 2003, 06:19
cheers taken the 5th..
something i tried today and so far so good is once logged into aol..open another window in INternet explorer..separate to the AOL windows. I havent had any probs yet.
(Read this on the other AOL posting)