PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic Staff travel benefits

Xtra Crew
1st Jul 2003, 19:28
Hi there,
I know that Virgin Atlantic Staff get 7 free flights a year.
Is that all or do they also get the usual travel perks (unlimited id90īs on other airlines)?
It would be interesting to know for me as I intend to commute from ALC (Spain) and without these id90īs on other airlines it wouldnīt be interesting for me?

Do you know if BA, BMI and Iberia accept Virgin atlanticīs id90īs?

Sunny regards from Spain!

Hand Solo
2nd Jul 2003, 00:14
BA will accept Virgin ID90s but you're going to be virtually rock bottom priority, below BA staff on our own flights and those of GB airways (BA Franchise) and Iberia (Oneworld partner), plus there aren't that many flights per day from ALC to the UK. The people I know in BA who commute from Southern Spain say its starting to get a little more difficult commuting, but I can't speak with authority on the ALC route.

Northern Star
9th Jul 2003, 04:54
Hi Extra Crew

Yes,we get full concessions on most other major airlines. The tickets we get with BA are ZED tickets which work out fractionally more than an ID90 on shorthaul sectors. We also get concessions with all Uk charters which may help in the commute from ALC.
Although I dont commute from ALC I have flown the route a number of times on standby and rarely had a problem. However, I would consider very carefully commuting as with Virgin a majority of your flights would be from LHR and most if not all direct ALC flights are from LGW. It would mean a longer commute and with there not being a huge number of flights to/from ALC especially in the winter you would need a base in the UK or be prepared to pay for a lot of hotel or B&B rooms!

Regards
Northern Star