PDA

View Full Version : EGSS-EGNH Waypoints

???pax
1st Jul 2003, 05:20
Any FR/Buzz 146 drivers, or anyone for that matter, out there who would like to impart some information regarding the route from Stansted to Blackpool and back?

I have had the pleasure of being a pax on this route a couple of time in the last month or so, and, as always, I am keen to have an idea of the route that we follow.

At a guess, it seems that on the way out we follow the BUZAD SID, hang a right up to TNT, and then across to MCT for vectors onto the EGNH final. We seem to get lined up on the localizer overhead Preston somewhere.

On the way back it felt like a left after a rwy 28 departure, down the coast to WAL, and then onto the LOREL STAR for EGSS.
If we do follow this STAR which version do we do? Is it the 1H or the 2F?

Would appreciate any information.

Always a decent landing in the 146 btw. Not too sure about the dodgy smoke emanating from the roof whilst on the stand though.

Cheers :ok: :ok:

???pax
9th Jul 2003, 23:53
Any takers??

Maybe this one could be put into ATC aswell??

Buster the Bear
10th Jul 2003, 05:19
A Buzad SID out of Stansted and probably loads of radar headings, some of which will be in a N Westerly direction hopefully.

Roughly following departure on track to Royston (BKY), then right to follow the M1 to Nottinghamshire (TNT?), from there you are probably in bandit territory, also known as Manchester centre! Only joking chaps.

The Bae Hairdryer used on the route is not a fast climber, so you will largely be on a lot of ATC guided radar headings to avoid the seagulls and blackbirds.

Bet you get a good view of 'middle England' though? The cars on the M1 below are probably faster however, but you have paid 'alf a crown for your flight?

mainecoon
10th Jul 2003, 06:01
ok in 'bandit territory'
trent ploe hill then preston as near as damn it when blackpool on westerly runway
southbound you are correct
bpl to a poit called estry then wal over liverpool to whitegate thence pedig to pick up the arrival route which escapes me at this time
pedig by the way is near lichfield
hope this helps:8

???pax
10th Jul 2003, 16:34
Cheers for the replys folks.

Not sure if we route down over PEDIG as there is usually a right turn at this point which gives you a view of EGBB and Brummie-land. Seems like it's down to WAL and then straight on towards HON.

The view of middle England is fine and on a decent day you can pick out things like the hangers at Cardington, MK, and the test track at Millbrook.

" 'alf a crown " - bargain I reckon. Got an outbound flight for 70p the other day.