PDA

View Full Version : Air Jamica

stanleystan
1st Jul 2003, 04:40
Hi!
I was just wondering what your opinions on Air Jamaica are! I recently flew with them and found them to be probably the best airline I have flown with. People look at me as if I'm mad when I say that and I was just wondering if I was the only one who likes them!
Thanks for reading!
Stanleystan

bunnygirl
2nd Jul 2003, 02:03
I agree, I flew with them a few years ago from MCO to MBJ, and they were FANTASTIC..very cheerful crew, nice hot meal and complimentary wines and Red Stripe with the meal...all on a 1 hour 30 flight.

What more could you ask for...

stanleystan
2nd Jul 2003, 06:34
I'm so glad someone replied! I totally agree with you! You couldn't fault the crew at all, they were excellent. The seats were very generous and the food wasn't bad either, although the plane was a bit rikety and i'm sure the take-off wasn't right! We vibrated on take-off then levelled out at about 100 feet then it tilted back again and then the emergency exit light started flashing. Fun!
stanleystan

T_richard
2nd Jul 2003, 06:50
Apparently my experiance with Air Jamaica was a one off. I and my children flew with them last year to Jamaica and back. The trip down was uneventful, coming back was a nightmare, they canceled the flight at the last minute, after a several hour delay we were flown to NJ, arriving at 0100hr, we were met by a service rep who insisted that there were no flights from Newark to PVD the next AM on any airline , we'd have to fly to BOS arriving miday. Problem, my children started school that day. Finnally put up in a hotel, although not the one they directed us to; it was overbooked, I called Continental at 0500hrs approx. and was told there were 3-4 flights to PVD leaving in the next 3 hours. I was home before I would have landed in BOS if I had listened to the service rep from AJ.

The cabin crew was wonderful as all Jamaicans I have met are, but the ground people behaved in such a mannner that I will never fly Air Jamaica again.

Whiskey Zulu
2nd Jul 2003, 07:28
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. ;)